Chapter 16

She jogged through the halls with her shoulder bag

She jogged through the halls with her shoulder bag. Left or right, Léda asked herself standing in the empty hallway at the first floor. Decisions, decisions everywhere. Left because right might be right. Apparently, she wasn't lucky enough to miss the classroom.

"Miss Rose, how nice of you to grace us with your presence," the woman said with a stern voice when Léda entered the classroom. Léda recognized her from the other day; Magister Dubicki with the scar on her face.

"No need to thank me, really." She flashed a smile at her. Of course, the Magister didn't find her remark quite as amusing as Léda. She should have remembered Annie telling her Dubicki, the Angel Seals Magister being rather strict. She also shouldn't be surprised, her sharp cheekbones, her pointy nose, her pale silverish grey eyes all screamed uptight.

"Take a seat, Miss Rose." She waved with a level look directed at Léda.

She glanced around only to find that there was no seat left except for the one next to Adam. He sent her a supposedly friendly smile that Léda rewarded with a glare. He was a little worm. Annie looked at her apologetically with Mike beside her. At least Adam was still better than Isabelle. She didn't think she'd have to worry about him trying to stab her in the eye with his pen.

"Hey," Adam whispered and she narrowed my eyes at him. She wasn't about to befriend the enemy. He betrayed Annie, meaning he couldn't be trusted.

"Aren't you scared of the wrath of your little girlfriend? What is she going to think if you talk to me?" She asked in a low voice, glancing sideways to Isabelle who was sitting a couple of desks away from them.

"Miss Rose, this isn't a social gathering. If you've got nothing to say about the actual subject you shall remain silent," Dubicki scolded her. Léda could see Isabelle smirking from the corner of her eyes. She wished she could brush that smug smile off her face.

However, not wanting to raise even more attention, she remained quiet for the rest of the class. Léda hated to admit but there were things that actually sounded interesting. Magister Dubicki was a vehement lecturer. Her style was energetic and a little bit forceful, as well. Léda kind of liked it if she wanted to be honest. The Magister made Angel Seals – that turned out to be a rather dry subject – sound exciting. Also, who knew, at one point it might be useful to know how she could turn a werewolf back into human shape if worse came to worst.

"I'm sorry. We tried to save a seat for you but we couldn't," Mike explained, stepping to her with Annie at his side when the class was dismissed.

"It's okay, not like he stinks." Léda shrugged and smiled at him. She gathered her notebook and books, shoved it all into her bag, ready to bolt.

"And he really isn't that bad." Annie tried to glare at Mike. Her attempt was cute, nothing that'd make anyone feel bad though.

"I still don't understand why you're defending him all the time," Mike mumbled as they started out.