Chapter THIRTEEN

I wake up feeling better than I have felt in forever. I open my eyes to a beautiful sleeping James. His hair is adorably tussled and our legs and arms are wrapped around each other. I try to detangle from him but he only grips me tighter. I giggle rubbing my face on his chest his smell reaching my notrils and giving me a euphoric feeling.

"I have to get up James. I have a few things to take care of today."

"Just five more minutes" he slurred "this feels so nice."

I couldn't object to that so I gave him his time and snuggled back in.

Luckily once the time was up he was once again in a deep slumber so I slowly and convertly removed myself from the bed and headed to my bathroom.

While in the shower I cotemplated something Dallas had said the previous night and I found myself worrying. Were the pack really that concerned about James? I mean sure technically he was a  rogue but he was harmless and in no shape to hurt anyone.

I decided I needed to put a stop to their fears before it grew into a bigger problem. Once out of the shower I mind linked the adults of the pack.

Pack meeting today at 11am attendance is not mandatory but highly recommended and I cut off the link.

Today was Saturday  so hopefully everyone was free to attend. It was about 8:30am now so it gave them time to prepare.

Wrapped in a towel I walk out of my bathroom to go get dressed. James is still out of it but he's moved to my side of the bed now with his face in my pillow. I smile contently and walk over to my closet.

I dress in a pair of black skinny jeans with a white belt, an off the shoulder black ACDC band tee with white lettering, and a pair of white converses completes the outfit. I decide to put my curly hair in a high ponytail. I then apply a little eyeliner, mascara, and strawberry lip gloss. Simple yet cute.

I leave a note telling James not to leave the room. Im not sure if his welcome will be warm without me. I will be back for him in the afternoon to give him a tour of the pack lands, then I am out the door.

I head straight to the dining room following the aroma of bacon.

When I entered the room everyone turns their attention towards me then behind me probably looking for James. They give me questioning looks.

"He's out cold in my room guys but he will be out later on" I answer walking over to my seat. Apparently word has spread throughout the pack about my mate.

I received a few 'Good Morning Alphas' and I reply in kind. Today I feel pretty great. Everyone is chatting amicably young and old alike and I don't sense any extreme animosity towards me. I sit down and notice the designated Beta chair to the left of me is empty.  I am relieved. Truthfully Im not looking foward to another encounter with Dallas anytime soon.

Christy and two members of the kitchen staff come out through the swinging double doors arms loaded with food.

The moment Christy notices me. She squeals and rushes over to me handing off her basket of crescent rolls to another pack member to distribute. She sits down to my left and begin her rapid fire questioning.

"Where is he? Is he cute? Is he  tall? What color are his eyes? Does he have one of those deep voices that make you quiver? Do you love him? Does he love you? Why isn't he here? Why wasn't I the first to know? What-"

I cover her mouth with my hand laughing at her exuberance. She's always been a hopeless romantic when it came to finding your true mate. She has been looking for her mate since before she had the ability to be able to recognize him.