Chapter 13

Kageyama POV:

This is a lot of information to take in. Just too much. I think I've lost all the braincells in my head.

So yesterday Hinata just spilled his secret to me.

My parents were actually ice-skating fans, I've just failed to notice. They also support Hinata's double identity. They are also huge fans of both the Katsuki-Nikiforovs. I had actually admired and seen Hinata before we've met in middle school.

Now instead of practicing volleyball as usual on a Sunday morning, I'm currently sitting at the edge of my bed staring at a photo of Hinata on the computer.

Like I said, he really looked like a model. I can't even get my eyes of the computer.

I wonder how he kept this secret to himself this whole time without breaking. He didn't really turn to his own friends, and not to mention, the team, for help or anything.

It was almost as if he never even trusted us in the first place.

Its a mystery for me, why he need a double identity. Maybe it was for the sake of trying to live a normal teenager life, not as a celebrity that constantly gets mobbed and spoiled by fans. His most recent news besides the incident where a fan saw him in public was 3 months ago, where he suddenly went on hiatus for all his social media.

That was around the time we joined the club. So was he really trying to focus on volleyball?

As long as he makes it to the top with me I don't mind. Its just-

My phone rang.

"Hey dumbass." I say as I picked up the call.

"Oh, hey, Kageyama." He said. He sounded nervous. "Since you know about my secret, I can talk to you right?" Hinata says, trying his best not to stammer or mess up his speech.

"What about Yuri and Viktor-san?" I say, lying down on my bed to get comfortable. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long talk.

"They're out for a signing. Natsu dosen't understand my situation and my mom is in a meeting." He says. I hum in response."Remember I said yesterday that the Tokyo Newspaper is going to be interviewing me, right?" He started as slowly and calmly as he could.

"Yes, what about it?" I reply.

"I seriously have no idea what to do." He said. This time his voice wasn't as stable as before. It sounded as if he was about to cry.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

"I was o-out in town grocery shopping." He said shakily. "I was wearing a mask, beanie and fake glasses, don't worry." He said, calming down.

"Okay? That's good then? Go on." I say.

"I'm just g-going to assume you've seen the news a-about me." He managed to stutter out. I heard a faint sound of him blowing his nose over the line.

Oh no. This dumbass is really sad now. How does he manage this kind of stress after all this while?!

"... Yes, I have seen the news." I reply.

"O-okay." He took a deep breath. I heard him choke a bit and cough over the phone. "They started bombarding me."

"Was it really that bad?" I say. Crap. I didn't mean it to come out so rudely.

"N-no." He sighed. "They followed me around, one dude n-nearly pulled out my beanie and glasses." I hear him take a deep breath again.

"But you made it out, right?" I say.

"No, its just..." his voice trailed off. It was so unusual for his normally energetic and jumpy voice to be so soft like this. "If I wasn't faster than before, I would have gotten it again..." he went quiet over the line again. "I hate this, but my passion for what I love never died." I hear him mutter glumly over the phone.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask softly.

"That's the reason I called you in the first place, Kags!" He said and giggled. Then he went back to being glum and sad.

"I've almost gotten my identity revealed and almost gotten myself kidnapped before." He got straight to the point.

My eyes widen in shock. I gasped a little too loudly. He what?!

I didn't reply. I don't think I need to right now.

"My identity almost got revealed in the last place I lived, which was in Kyoto. Then we moved to Miyagi. All of us. My mom, Natsu, my uncles, me. I caused so much trouble for them at that time." He finally sobbed.

So he was afraid that if he almost got his identity revealed here, he would have to move?

He continued sobbing for a bit. I kept quiet. He needed some time.

"T-the other time I got myself invovled with terrible guys." He says. "It was an accident, at that time they asked me to deliever a box to their van. I relized that they were thugs and said no. They a-almost touched me." He sobbed.

I hummed in response.

"If it wasn't for my speed, I couldn't have out runned those tugs. I had someone in a nearby store call the police. When the police had them arrested they told me they were child kidnappers, kidnapping children form age 4 to 12." He sobbed. "That happened last year, around the time we've finally settled in Miyagi." He sighs.

I try to hold back a chuckle. Those thugs thought that Hinata was a grade schooler. No wonder he sounds so offended.

"My mom might want us to move again, and I'm scared. W-what if that same incident happens?! If we really do move, I'll cause my family so much trouble again. Then I won't be able to play volleyball and go to the top with you and-and-and-" He couldn't find words and continued sobbing.

"Hinata." I say as calmly as possible. "You aren't gonna move over something so small like getting mobbed." I softly said. "We're going to the top together. I'm sorry, I've got to go now." I say.

He hummed in response and hung up the phone on his line.

I sighed as I deopped my phone next to my head.

Danmit this Hinata.

I'm shocked.

I didn't know I had such a soft side likd this.

I chuckled before drifting off to sleep. I should be playing volleyball right now.

But here I am, drowned in blankets and pillows.

_______________________________________

Heyyyoo!! Its Author-chan!^-^
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you guys for the huge ammount of support I'm getting!!☆☆☆