Chapter 14

Hinata POV:

In my short 15 years of life, many sorts of incidents had befalled upon me. Many which had left me confused and sometimes scared.

But I was never confused or scared when it came to ice-skating and volleyball.

What I'm doing right now is related to ice-skating. I know I'm supposed to feel happy and excited, but right now, I think this is the scaredest I've felt ever since my father's death.

"Here we welcome, Katsuki Shota! Right now, our number one junior figure ice-skater!" A familiar voice said over the speakers. This is the call for me to go onto the stage.

Just a day after my invitation for an interview, I got another invitation for a radio show.

I walked onto the stage, putting on the biggest smile possible to the audience while waving and throwing peace sighns over to their direction.

I may look happy and out-going now, but deep down, I feel like puking... er... the dead butterflies that were hiding deep down in my stomach. I took a seat across from my radio show host.

Sure, she was pretty, all that make-up and that pink, casual, floral dress (not to mention, it looked really expensive).

But she was familiar.

Too familiar.

Her long black hair from before was tied into a loose braid, which was placed on the side of her shoulder. I could even smell her brandy perfume from here. Her eyes and obviously fake eyelashes fluttered as she clapped along with the rest of the crowd, welcoming me.

Remember that really mean pretty lady from the other day? Yes, her.

Apparently, she was my radio host this evening. Well, thank you for nothing lady-luck.

"So, Katsuki-san. Tell us about your goals this year!" She said in a cheery voice, which was obviously fake.

"Well, ya'll know me. I'm aiming for number one at the Gran Prix finals!" I exclaimed. Talking about ice-skating got me all pumped up.

The whole crowd cheered and clapped their hands, whilst flashing their camera's at my smiling face.

"So, everyone was wondering, Katsuki-san." The mean, pretty lady spoke up. The whole audience quiet down, waiting for the mean, pretty lady to continue her sentence. "You suddenly went on hiatus for your social media. What happened?" She asked. The crowd mummered and nodded in response.

I laughed a bit. "Nothing much, I've answered this to the Tokyo Newspaper earlier today. All I've been doing lately was focusing on my training. I'm really determinded to win gold on my first try, you see." I explain. Which was half-true. I actually went on hiatus for my social media so I could focus on volleyball and school (and ice-skating, of course).

The whole crowd cheered for me again.

"Ooh! I see!" The mean, pretty lady exclaimed. "So where is your current place for training? Everyone has been talking about it lately, it's booming on the news!" The whole crowd started to get excited again. She took out a remote and turned on the television. It showed the two pictures taken of me in Miyagi. "We've all been suspecting Miyagi, we've always seen your uncle's latest photo's, which are in Miyagi!" The audience went crazy.

I tried my best to keep my face from going pale. Yuri and Viktor had already told me what to do if that kind of news appeared. Just tell the truth, they said. It'll avoid more busybodies and annoying questions. It's not like I'm the only ginger in Japan. It's not like they would even reconize me anyways.

In my Katsuki Shota appearance, I always gelled my hair, so it would look straight. I also wear fake, round glasses. If you compared a picture of me now and a picture of me in Karasuno, you can't even tell the difference. Not even my family or Yurio and Otabek can. I've tested it out before.

"Yes it's true. I've been practicing in Miyagi recently." I say bluntly.

The crowd went wild and photographers can't stop taking photographs.

"So, is that you in those two photographs?" The pretty, mean lady said, getting eager.

"Nope! That's not me." I say and shook my head. "Its not like I'm the only ginger in Japan." I laughed.

The crowed laughed along with me and nodded in agreement.

"W-well then!" The mean, pretty lady clapped her hands together, catching my attention. "Where's your school? Everyone's dying to know that too." The crowd nodded in agreement and some fangirl of mine got up from her seat and shouted 'YAAAASSSS!!' and the crowd started clapping again.

Well, this, I can't tell the truth. It'll expose my secret. "I'm actually home-schooled by my uncles." I explain, imitating the look I usually do when I read. The crowd laughed at my face and photographers started to take photos.

More questions were thrown into my face, all were similar to what the Tokyo Newspaper had asked. Soon, the radio show ended and I had to go for a sighning before I could eat my dinner.

I sighed as I walked backstage. The mean, pretty lady caught up to me. I know even though I really don't like her but I can't be mean to her. It'll ruin my image.

I couldn't even gather the courage to at least say hi to such a terrible lady like her. I just smiled at her instead. She gave me a friendly smile in return.

Her smile may be friendly, but her eyes are telling me a completely different story. She took out a cigarratte and a lighter from her Gucci handbag.

Meanwhile, Tsukishima POV:

"And that, Tadashi, is why you shouldn't smoke." I say and closed my book after explaining the harm smoking will bring to Tadashi. Our teacher had explained it earlier but he didn't really understand.

"O-oh. I see. Thanks, Tsukki!" He thanked. "I promise I'll never, ever smoke!" He said cheeefully.

Back to Hinata:

I gasped. I was shocked.

"Want a cigar?" She offered. "You look like you smoke." She said and shoved the pack of cigar in my hands.

"I-I don't. Actually." I stutter nervously as I gave her pack of cigarrattes back.

"You should, though." She sneered. "It gives you a cool impression."

"No matter what or how cool you think smoking is, you shouldn't smoke." I say and walked off to the sighning.

I greeted Yuri and Viktor there. They both were invited to the sighning as well.

How I really want to go back to Miyagi and play volleyball with the team. I really, really don't want to be in the same building as that mean, pretty lady.

_______________________________________

Heyo!! Its Author-chan!
I was really free today so I'm gonna update just this one chapter!
I hope y'all enjoyed it!!
Thank you all for your support!☆☆☆
Please read my bestie's story, I find it really good!!!◇◇◇

Heyo!! Its Author-chan!I was really free today so I'm gonna update just this one chapter!I hope y'all enjoyed it!!Thank you all for your support!☆☆☆Please read my bestie's story, I find it really good!!!◇◇◇

Or at least support her and her fanfics!
palepeachy writes anime oneshots! (One Piece, Haikyuu, Kimetsu No Yaiba, etc.) Read her books too!