Ch2 ♥iCould Go♥

| Jasmine's POV |

"Jasmine!" My thirteen-years old brother, Tariq was grinning, his full dimples showing. He ran towards me and tackled me in a big bear hug. "Did you like your job? Was your boss nice?" His grin faded and was replaced by a curious look. "What happened to your wrist?"

I had hardly noticed until he pointed it out. My wrist was dark red, and throbbing. Now that I came to think of it, it still hurts like a .....

"Hey kiddo," I tried to assure him, that I was alright. Tariq was just a adorable! He was all my family I had left anyway...

"It was okay. My boss isn't super nice though."

"Aww, so you're not going to marry your boss?"

I think my hearing is failing me..

"Say that again, habibi?"

"Are you going to marry your boss? He's rich right? He can take care of us Jazzy."

"Tariq, there are things you don't understand at your age."

And no, I am not even thinking of marrying that jerk.

He decided to change the subject. "Remember you said, you'd get me a phone for my birthday, don't forget it sis, okay?"

"Yes habibi, I promise." But the fear of getting fired overwhelmed me, and I became nervous once again."Anything... interesting happen?" I asked.

"Yep. Laila was bragging about her sister, Kalila, modeling and dating the richest and most attractive guy."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Oh okay, but if anything happens, you can always tell me."

"Of course." He smiled.

Oof, not now... my phone ruined our conversation.

"Tariq could you go get my phone?"

"It's your boss..." He said a minute later after a raw silence.

Oh shoot, he's probably going to fire me.

I picked up the call, answering with a short, feeble "Hello?"

"I want you here in less than ten minutes.. Now!" He sounded pissed off. I didn't want to have to deal with him today. But again, I have no choice.

"Audhubillah..."

Honestly, what is his problem? I might just make it there in a rough thirty minutes! I got up and fixed my hijab quickly. "Tariq, make du'a for me so I can keep my job." He began laughing.

"In'sha'Allah may Allah help you keep your job." I could hear him still laughing as I left the house, making sure all the doors were locked.

♥♥♥

Wallah! All I can do now is make du'a that I won't be fired.

As I enter the kitchen, an older woman turned around and welcomed me with a beautiful smile. "Jasmine?"

"Yep, that's me."

"So, what should I start with first? Since it's Saturday and all..."

"Go up to him, hopefully his mood is better now." She suggested.

I got upstairs to the foot of his room and recognized a pair of shoes.

Kalila.

What is she doing here? Oh right. Of course she'd be here, since she is dating that jerk. I knocked the door about five times and listened.