Forty-Four.

Sema awoke to a bright light overhead, with a nurse leaning over her. She had to blink a couple times to take the blur out of her vision. Looking around with a dazed expression, she started to sit up some.

"Not too fast there," the nurse warned as she pressed firmly onto the back of Sema's head. The pain caused  Sema to wince. Sema placed her hand where the nurse' was before bringing it back in front of her to look at it. Warm blood stained her hand and she gave the nurse a confused look.

"What happened?" Now that Sema was sitting up, the pain was ten times worse than when she was laying down and honestly it was making her woozy.

"I think you just fainted, but it looks like you hit your head pretty hard on the tile. Can you stand up?"

"I-I think so." The nurse helped Sema as she struggled to get to her feet , still firmly pressing paper towel to the back of Sema's head. Standing up, she felt like she had ten pound marbles in her skull that were rolling to the back of her head. "My head hurts."

"Well that seems like it was quite an impact with the tile. I heard it before I walked in. Hold this on the back of your head firmly. I'm going to go get some help, so we can get you checked out." Sema nodded, replaced the nurse's hand with her own. The nurse hurried out to gather some hospital personnel to get Sema to an examination table.

- - -

Sema ended up having to get a couple stitches in the back of her head. Dave and Zoe had been trying to gain access to see her ever since hospital personnel came in the bathroom and brought her out on a gurney, but Sema specified to the nurses that they weren't allowed. She didn't want to be bothered with them in any instance at the moment. She couldn't believe that they had been kicking it together and didn't even want to begin to imagine what they had been doing. As her mind began to wonder, a knock drew her out of her thoughts.

"Come in." Her voice was strained but still audible. In hobbled Darius, with an arm clutched to his rib cage. They both flashed each other a pained smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be in bed," Sema questioned.

"Yeah, but you more important." He shrugged, slowly trudging towards her bed. He winced as he took a seat on the side of her in the bed. "Now, what happened to you? I called the nurse when you ain't come back and she told me you were being admitted ya self."

"I really don't know. I guess I passed out," Sema explained. "I don't know if I told you but that was my ex that came in your room."

Darius chuckled. "I kinda figured by the look he was looking at me. I think that nigga wanted to kill me."

"Yeah, he wasn't happy, but I was outside your room talking to him. Then, my cousin came up and they were acting weird. Come to find out, they have been hanging out together and doing God knows what. I felt my head spinning and I had to get away right quick so I went into the restroom. Then, all of a sudden everything went black. I woke up to a nurse holding my head. They had to shave the back of my head and do stitches," she explained, turning her head to the side so he could see.

"They say why you passed out?"

"They think it was just stress-related—you know after everything that happened." Darius slowly got up from his spot and moved closer to her. Grabbing her hand, he pulled it closer to him and looked her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for putting you in danger with that cop. Shit would've ate me up if he actually shot you." Sema frowned at him.

"No, you don't apologize for that. None of that is your fault. I stepped in because I care about you and didn't want you to be the next hashtag. Nothing is on you or Rich, it's on that lunatic." He just nodded, and brought her hand to his lips, giving it another kiss.