Chapter 4

Emily's POV

"We need one more person in our group." It was Nate."Okay, Emily you will be joining Nate and Hayes' group."
The coach told me.

I got up and walked over to Nate and Hayes."You look very familiar." Nate said while looking at me up and down. I said nothing back to him. I could tell he was still thinking about it because he was staring at me.

I died my hair brown and left out my brown contacts revealing my natural blue color. It wasn't a deep blue, it was more grey.

"Class, tomorrow we will start swimming so bring a swim suit, and other things you might need. class dismissed." The teacher stated. I started to walk out, then I head the familiar voice,"Hey Emily." I turned around it was Nate and Hayes." We were wondering if you wanted to sit with us at lunch."

"Yeah, sure I would love to." I lied, but I knew I would have to get close to them if I wanted this to work.

At lunch I sat next to Hayes and Nate. "So where did you move from?" Hayes asked. "Sacramento, California." I lied again. "Do you want me to walk you home from school?" Hayes asked."Yeah, I would like that." I said happily. Why was he so interested in me?
-
School was finally over and I caught up with Hayes. He grappled onto my had and we started walking."Are you sure we haven't meet before." he asked. "I'm telling you I haven't met you before. Well, I have seen your vines that's about it." He laughed."I just feel like I know you."He turned me around. we were now looking at each other. he grappled my waist, and started to lean in. I looked away quickly."Uh., Hayes, I think I should go." I said while looking down."Em I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to do that. I don't know w-what got into me." he apologizing. "It's okay, it's that I just met you and-""No,No I understand." he interrupted."Well I should be on my way." I said breaking the silence.

"See you later, Emily." He gave me a friendly hug and we both went our separate ways.