Chapter 8

Emily's POV

I had an amazing time at the mall yesterday with Hayes. He is a nice guy, but every time I stare into his blue eyes I think about Eathens death in the blue swimming pool.

I haven't visited Eathens grave and as long as I am Emily, I don't know Eathen Salem existed.

His mother committed suicide about 2 months after Eathens death. I felt bad for her. Hardly anyone showed up for her funeral. Even though Eathens mother wasn't the best I knew he still loved her.
-
After a while of thinking I finally got up to get dressed. I showered, brushed my teeth, and put on minimal makeup. Today I was wearing a white sweater, a navy blue skater skirt with tiny white birds on it, some necklaces, and a brown bag. I but my hair in a side braid.

I ran down the stairs, being that the time was now 7:50 and school started in 10 minutes.

I grabbed a granola bar and was out the door.
-
My mom didn't have to work early this morning so she took me to school. "shoot!" I yelled before I got out of the car. "Mom can you please drop off one of my bathing suits, a towel, lotion, and a hair brush in the main office, I forgot we start swimming in gym?" "Yes honey, see you latter love you." she said while I sighed with relif." Love you too mom. bye." I waved to her as she drove off.

Thinking about Eathens mom earlier this morning made me show a little bit more appreciation for her.

"Hey Emily!" I heard a familiar voice yell from across the hall. I finally realized who it was, "Hayes!" I said giving him a hug.

"It seems like forever since I saw you."
He said while smiling at me."Well I enjoyed the hug, but we have to get to class." " Okay Miss Van Der Woodsen." he said.

When we enter the class room it was already filled. we just made it before the bell rung. "Ok, class I hope you have your homework from last night."

Crap!

I totally forgot about that. ugh, great start to your day Amanda.
*beep*
Pardon the interruption Mrs.Harris, I need to see Emily Van Der Woodson in the main office to pick something up please, Emily Van Der Woodsen.

"Ok she'll be right up" Mrs. Harris said while signaling that it was ok for me to go.

When I got to the office their was a beach bag that had all of the things that I asked for in it.

As I was walking back I ran into Nate. "hey Emily." he said cheerfully. I was taking back a bit because of how happy he was."Hey Nate." I said back without all of the cheer.
-
It was finally gym class and we were asked to change into our bathing suits. I was wearing a black on black 2 pice with a crochet top. Nothing too fancy. other girls were wearing staples tops, and bottoms with too much hanging out.

When we finally got into the water the coach said we are just teasting to see what level of swimmer you are. they called each person up one by one alphabetically. My last name started 'v' so I knew that I would be towards the end.

While we were waiting to take out test we got to swim on the other side of the pool.

Me and Hayes were having races and playing Marco Polo with a few other kids.

"Hayes, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I said to him he nodded his head and continued swimming.

When I walked into the bathroom an bad vibe came all around me when I suddenly heard the bathroom door bust open.

I looked to see the 3 girls that I bumped into the other day.

All of them had a strapless bathing suits with their monograms on it. I rolled my eyes and one of them said. "you got a problem?"

"Yeah, actually I do." I sassed back.

"And what would that be?" Another one said.

"I have a problem with you having the need to have you initials on everything, now can you please get out of the way." I didn't let them reply and I stormed out of the bathroom.

When I got out, Hayes was wrestling in the pool with Nate. I started laughing at how silly they looked.

We hung out in the pool a little while longer. "okay class, we didn't get through everyone today, but we will tomorrow. you have 10 minutes to get dressed than your dismissed."

Everyone jumped out of the the pool.
-
After school I decided to do a little research on Nate. I was going to have to act fast.

I needed something on him to prove that he killed Eathen.

All I found was that Eathens parents ran a medical company. Not that interesting.

Maybe I'll just have to get my information from the primary source.

___________________________

A/n
Thank you so much for all of the reads, votes, and comments. I also just changed the cover let me know if you like it. sorry the chapter ended on a bad note it was kind of getting long. hope you enjoyed bye.