Chapter 9

Emily's POV

*Ring, ring*

It was my phone. when I turned it over the name read, 'Melrose' I was really happy that she called I haven't spoken to her ever since boarding school.

"Hey stranger." she said.

"Hey Mel, how's it going." I said happily.

"Well I would love to catch up on the phone but-" Melrose paused.

Then I heard my door bell ring. "Hold on Mel some ones at my door."

I opened the door to see who it was it was.

"Melrose!" I yelled. "Amanda!" She yelled back

"So what brings you into town." I asked.

"Well I'm here in Charlotte to get some inspiration from the city. Since you don't live to far from there I thought I would pay a visit to my old roommate."

"We'll congratulations, I know you'll make the perfect line in fashion."

"Speaking of fashion what are you wearing?"

I looked down to see what Melrose was talking about. I had on Nike pros and a loose t- shirt.

"Oh yeah sorry I didn't know I was going to have company. Here, why don't I get dressed then we can go to the bakery or Starbucks." I said while walking up the stairs.

"Okay that sounds great. Do you want me to help you pick out an outfit?" She asked and snickered.

"No thank you!" I yelled do she could hear me from upstairs.

I totally changed my wardrobe everything was so preppy, so I could fit in at school, then I remembered I had one more outfit that I actually liked. it was a yin- yang shirt with denim shorts, black stockings, and a army green jacket. I wore a black benni, because my hair was a mess.

When I came down stairs Melrose was all ready to go. Melrose was a couple years older than me. At the boarding school that I went to they mixed all of the high schoolers together, so I was a freshman and Melrose was a senior in high school.
-

When we were at Starbucks I told her everything about what happened since I got here. "I have another thing to tell you Mel, I think I might like Hayes."

Melrose almost choked on her Starbucks drink.

"Your telling me that you like the person that helped kill your best friend." she whispered the last part.

"We'll he didn't really help, Nate kill him." I said slightly defending him.

"That's not what you said two years ago." she said back a little sassy.

"Well Mel, Nate is the killer so what do you suggest I do."

"Amanda I don't know another way for you to convict Nate without Hayes getting the punishment too."

I thought long and hard about what Mel had just said.

"What if I blame him for murdering me, then I could leave North Carolina without any one trying to find me. I can just live out on LA with you."

"Amanda are you crazy, you won't be able to see your mom again, you won't be able to see Hayes."

"Okay Mel, maybe that was a sick plan but, that's always an option."

"No, it's not even an option. you would have to erase everything about you start over completely."

I nodded my head in response.

"Emily is that you?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. my eyes widened.

"Mel, what should I do he can't see me like this?"

"Go to the bathroom and I'll text you when it's okay to come out."

I nodded and I got up and headed the other way.

Melrose's POV

After I let Amanda slip into the bathroom. I guess the boys name is Hayes that was approaching me.

"Was a girl named Emily sitting with you a second ago?" He asked I could see why Amanda liked him.

" Uh, no." I replied with a friendly smile.

I love Amanda and she's like a little sister to me but I don't want to see her get hurt. Her plan earlier was insane. what if she makes decisions like that when I'm not there?

I'm in Charlotte for 2 months I'll ask if I can say with her. I really want to make sure she will be okay. I texted her that it was okay for her to come out and we left right after that.

When we were in the car I noticed something different about Amanda like she wasn't the same. Maybe it was just because she was away from her problems in California when I met her, but in North Carolina she looked so depressed.

Emily's POV

It was now Monday, back to hell. My mom was oaky with Melrose staying over. I was the only child and I really needed a big sister to talk to.

Today i was wearing black leggings, a white sweater and some light brown uggs. I really didn't care like I said it was a Monday.

|skip to gym class|

"Okay Emily it's time to take your test."
I nodded and swam across the pool where he told me to. then it was time to test how well you can stay a float.

We did that test in of course the deep end. I did okay. now it was time to for me to test how long I can hold my breath under water.

" Three, two, one go."

I slipped under water and looked around. I saw someone struggling to stay afloat. I swam toward the person that was struggling.
I tried to push him up but a stronger force was pushing him down.

I kept pushing and pushing until the struggling stopped.

I looked up to see who it was it was Eathen. I was in shock I felt like I couldn't be under water any more like I had to get out.

I closed my eyes so it would all go away.

When I open my eyes I saw nothing I was in the pool alone. I caught back into reality. one I surfaced the water everyone was clapping.

I was so confused.

"Congratulations Emily Van Der Woodsen, you just beat the under water record you stayed in the water for 5 minutes.

Still breathing hardly I didn't know what to say. Not about me beating the record, but about seeing Eathen.

___________________________

A/n

Thank you guys so much for following reading, voting, and commenting it really means a lot.