17.THE WEDDING NIGHT

We try to hide our
feelings but we forget
our eyes speak.

Here I am seated in the centre of this beautifully arranged bed

Here I am seated in the centre of this beautifully arranged bed. Waiting for him or maybe kill him. This dress is not at all comfortable. Now I know all that glitters are not gold. Ananya told me it's sort of ritual than the groom raises the bride's veil.

So here I am.

The door clicked. I can't see anything due to this veil and dim light. Not that I'm dying to see him.

Are you not?

I could feel his heated gaze devouring and drowning me in that heat. He came near and sat beside me. He reached out for the veil and raised it.

I glared at him. What do you expect? Kiss him??

And of course he laughed!

"That's my wife!"

Wife.....

It sounded foreign to my ears.

But I liked it.

"Today you were really looking like the Queen you are my Queen." His Queen??

"You were no less" I said remembering the moment I saw him in the mandap.

"Is that a complement I hear Mrs.Arundhathi Abhimanyu Shikhawat?" Coming from his lips in that sensual voice these relationships the new addressing all of them felt, all the more real.

Not anymore capable of holding his gaze. I knew he was searching for the anger. But I don't know, I don't feel that anymore. I immediately averted my eyes.

"Adi..."
His voice so intense I felt my insides flutter.

Powerful enough to stop my heart.

He tilted my face towards him and gazed at me. His touch spreading a jolt through me.

Suddenly I remembered something.

I blurted out "Why do you call me Adi?"

He smiled as if remembering something, some unknown secret. Buried in the depth of his eyes, his soul.

"The first time I saw you, emotions were blazing like Sun in those beautiful orbs"

I stilled remembering the moment I met these blue oceans for the first time, the moment a part of me knew there was no going back.

"Blazing with anger for you...."
He again smiled hiding something.
I wanted to know what it was but I didn't ask. Those blue oceans hiding a beautiful secret, a mischief.

He palmed my face with his hand, the warmth seeping through his hands warming me inside to the depths I didn't know.

"Do you hate me Adi..?" His eyes praying or rather pleading.