21.TIRED

Love won't
ask you to be less of yourself,
it will invite you to
become more and more of you,
to step into all of you

Love won't ask you to be less of yourself,it will invite you tobecome more and more of you,to step into all of you   

"Do you want to buy something or do anything?" Abhimanyu asked once we  were settled inside the car.

"Tomorrow Leah will be coming that means shopping, so no. But can you take the long route I love night drives." I asked.
Leah informed they will be coming before evening and go for shopping in the evening.

"No, I was just asking. If you want we can go. I'm not sure whether there will be a next time." He mumbled the last part, it sounded quite ominous but I didn't comment on it, I knew it was not for me to hear.

I raised the volume of the stereo,
'Ranjish Hi Sahi' was playing.
I sang with the lyrics.

Sometimes I feel I destroy the beauty of these Ghazals by singing with it. But come on! it's my life. So I sang along gazing at the street lights passing by casting impressions which leaves me, the wind blowing through my hair.

Night drives are always amazing.

I felt the volume decreasing hence making my voice seem louder and let me tell you, it's good that Mehdi Hassanji already died.

"What?" I yelled, does he hate me or what.

"What?! Why did you stop singing? It was nice." He retorted.

But the tone was sort of accusing as if he was denied a whole packet of Ferrero Rocher.

Seriously?!

But why the heck is my heart skipping with his words?

"Sing." He whispered.
His eyes and words were creating unknown emotions in me. Why am I this messed up?

"Drive." I retorted and turned back to gazing outside.

The song long forgotten, but nothing in this world would have prepared me for his next step.

Just like the rose fragrance spreads through the morning mist in the peaceful calmness, freshness of a new day, new hopes. The voice which I would love to hear anyday floated through the disturbing silence to create a sense of hope and calmness in me.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the true bliss. But every good song has a end.

"Why don't you sing often? No one told me The Abhimanyu Shekhawat is a singer." I asked curiously. He was really good.

I never expected such a simple question to crease his forehead. It was as if he was holding himself from saying something, I waited. Finally after a couple of minutes he spoke
"Adi, I have a past. I'll tell you everything but I need time."

Past??

How big is this so called 'past' to stop a person like him from doing something entirely?