35.AMARANTHINE

Even though we never
Said it to each other

We knew

You know what the best feeling is? Waking up to the feeling, warmth of that one person you can't imagine your life without

You know what the best feeling is? Waking up to the feeling, warmth of that one person you can't imagine your life without. Just like Jay I also felt as if all this is a dream, I was drowning in the depth late summer night dream. And I never want to wake up from it.

"It was not a dream" Trust me if he says I'm not real one more time, I don't care! I'll kill him.

"Say that once again and you are dead." And he started laughing like a dying hyena.

"Somethings never change and I don't want them to." He spoke while pulling me closer once he sobered up. We both stared at each other absorbing each other, reading each other's feelings, thoughts. Our eyes having conversations of our hearts, telling each other the stories lost in between, grieving for the time apart.

"Adi..."
.
.
Until this moment I didn't really know how much I missed him. My name in his voice felt as if a music to my soul. My heart beat singing to that rhythm.

"Jay..."

I knew he also felt the same thing which I felt if not more because the amount of emotions clouding his blue orbs had depth more than the biggest ocean. We just stared at each other. After a lot of time I looked down to our position it was as if our body never forgot anything. The same position which we use to sleep. The same peace, only the feeling changed, now I know with each beat of my heart I love him a little more.

"Wait.... Will you pass your exam?"
Way to ruin the moment. The first question my husband ask me after two years apart is about exam.

Wow.. just wow!

"Aren't you a romantic at heart Husband dearest??" I asked through clenched teeth.

"I never claimed to be one, but still if you think so thank you. Now on to the question, will you pass?" He again enquired while looking at me earnestly.

A part of me felt a warmness that he cares about me and my feelings about all these. But he don't have to know about that now does he?

"I will. Where did you get that beard from? Don't you have a razor in NY?"
I spoke while my fingers threatened over the strands of his beard, making him close his eyes with the warmth of my palms.
Even though I like beards, it doesn't really suit my Jay.

"Really? But Mellisa liked it." He spoke as if in a trance. Not noticing my face.

Excuse me?? Mel-li-sa??

I raised a single eyebrow. A single one.

That's when sir finally noticed me.

"That's a friend of mine. I asked what girls usually liked. I should have guessed you will not like what girls like." He said while brushing away my baby strands from my forehead.