MOTHERLY TIPS.

•••

Mrs.Watson opened the cherry wine with a small satisfying sound of a 'pop', and started to pour some in each persons glass. Sherlock felt John let go of his hand so he could hold the glass properly.

"You changed almost everything..."-John said looking around.

"Well Johnny after your dad died, I saw it really needful to make a change, plus I knew you used to dislike it and it's memories. Do you like it?"-She asked waiting for a response as if her life depended on it.

"Mhmm, looks fine."-John said with a low voice making Mrs.Watson smile proudly.

"I thought you wouldn't come for a moment there."-Harry said to John as she sipped her wine.

"Wouldn't miss a family reunion would I?"-John said trying to force a shy smile. It was visible that he was anxious.

"So tell me Johnny how have you been! What have you been doing all these years, I heard you got shot in Afghanistan but I think it was just a rumor."-Mrs.Watson said as she refilled Clara's and Harry's glasses.

"Not much actually. And yes I got shot, no biggie."-John said and than looked at Sherlock ignoring the panic in his mothers eyes when he said he got shot.

"John just trying to be modest! Remember you crying like a baby when the doctors removed the stitches!"-Harry teased making Clara giggle.

"And I remember you almost throwing up when you saw it the first time!"-John fired back with the same attitude.

Mrs.Watson turned her attention to Sherlock as John and Harry where having their sibling fight time.-"They never grow up."-She said and chuckled it was visible that she had missed her family back for a long time.

"John has the brain of a year old sometimes."-Sherlock commented with a smile as he sipped some of his wine.

"Johnny is unique in his own way, childish way...Harry told me that you two moved in together."-Mrs.Watson said and Sherlock felt his blood rush to his cheeks.

"John needed a flatmate."-Sherlock said not knowing how to get out of the situation.

"Yes, even Clara and Harry where roommates in college. Totally coincidence should mention!"-Mrs.Watson said with a warm devilish smile, John was right she did look like an old cunning fox. A lovely lady Sherlock could barely deduce.

"Well John is my friend, the best I shall say."-Sherlock said and the lovely lady laughed softly.

"Oh dear, I know my boy, I can see it in his eyes that it is more than just friendship. I have never seen someone to look at somebody with that much passion in his eyes."-She said almost whispering so John who was talking with Clara wouldn't listen.

"No really Mrs.Watson, he looks like that all the time, I see nothing wrong in that."-Sherlock tried to cover up, because he knew John probably liked someone else or something, not him.

"Of course he looks like that all the time when he is with you! Anyway, I believe in John's choice."-She said smiling warmly at Sherlock.-"John always hated the idea of soulmates, he always would say that he likes to make his own choice, rather than spent an entire life looking for someone who he might never cross paths with, he gets it from me."-Mrs.Watson said and showed Sherlock her soulmark.

Sherlock had a frozen second to make a connection, John's mother had a female soulmate who was not his father, and he made a connection to why both harry and John had same sex soulmates...-"Agatha was supposed to be my soulmate, I never found her but at last I found someone who loved me and I loved them, It's the same thing you can love someone even thought they are not our assigned ones."

Sherlock had no doubt that that was true because he did like/love John even though he was not his soulmate. He couldn't think of himself with someone else rather than John and that proved what Mrs.Watson just said.-"I guess it can happen in some occasions."

"It happens when love is bigger than wish Sherlock, I told you I believe in Johns choice."-she said and sat up.-"Would you like to join me?"

"Delightfully.'-Sherlock said sitting up. John stopped him by taking his hand.

"What are you two up to?"-Joh said giving a shifty look at Sherlock and his mother.

"Just showing him around, be here in a while."-She said and signaled for Sherlock to follow her.

Sherlock followed her to the second floor, he had to admit it, he never thought John came from such a rich family. Sherlock had a warm feeling that Mrs.Watson might like him.

She opened one of the doors in the big hall, It was a big bedroom with a double sized bed and wooden furniture, clean and it looked like the room of a young man. It had a big window and a balcony, there was where Mrs.Watson was heading. Sherlock deduced around, it was 100% John's room, he could tell by one of the posters on the wall organizer, it was an military service add. That's where he probably got the idea.

"John left from here 10 years ago when he was 19 years old after one of the usual fights with his father, I guess my husband really took it too far by judging John's decisions one by one. He never stepped inside this room ever again after that night. That year we where three days away from celebrating Christmas..."-She said and opened the door to the balcony the fresh breeze giving Sherlock some slight shivers.-"Christmas was never the same after that."

"John never actually told me why he left, and he never told me about his father being impulsive."-Sherlock said.

"Johnny loved this room in particular just because of the view."-Mrs.Watson said and Sherlock was amazed when he saw what he wasn't seeing. It was a full panoramic London view, his mouth forming a small 'o'.

"It's nicer than the on he has at Bakers Street."-Sherlock informed.

"I bet he likes it more than this."-She said her voice getting lower.-"You might know Sherlock, I haven't been the best mother for John, even though I always tried, I never understood him as you do. Harry told me how important you are to John, she said you understood him better than anyone right Sherlock?"

"Indeed I do..."-Sherlock said and followed Mrs.Watson inside again. She stopped near a drawer, she took out a crumbled but straightened letter.

"Harry mentioned that you aren't having a case to solve soon."-She said and looked at Sherlock for an answer.

"I have the holidays off."

"This is John's last Christmas wish letter, I doubt he made another after that Christmas. I remember John telling that it was so important!"-She said opening the letter and giving it to Sherlock.

"Why give it to me?"-He asked trying to deduce something from it. He noticed the wavy handwriting of John and 10 small sentences written in order but besides them there was another handwriting that had smaller words written on top or in sides.

"It's a Pre-Christmas to do list. It used to be a tradition in our family."

Sherlock started to understand what Mrs.Watson was trying to say.

"Would you like a 'Christmas special'-case to solve in your holidays?"-She said and Sherlock gave an instant smirk.

"I guess you already gave me every clue to solve it."-Sherlock said looking at the letter and smiling even more.

"Will you complete it no matter what the cost is? Will you make John happy this Christmas? Will you complete what I failed? Will you do it for him?"-She asked a nice smile and a hopeful look in her face.

"For John."-Sherlock said taking the letter and putting it inside his pocket.

"For John."-Mrs.Watson said and shook hands with Sherlock both smiling in agreement.

•••