05 ↬ 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

˗'ˏ chapter 5 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 5 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓.

The cool midnight air gently blowing through my sweat-stained figure easing my discomfort. The demon slayer was currently in a mountain, part of her patrol in Miyagi, looking for and eliminating demons in the area. 

Turns out there were shit ton of them, all on the look out and waiting for a chance to eat the marechi making the girl even more confused. Just how did  he manage to survive this long she thought. 

There was obviously someone protecting him, it was all a matter of who. Someone who isn't a hashira but is strong enough for demons to be afraid of crossing them. She racked her brain, trying to figure out who it was. There weren't any registered demon slayers in the area and the demons she slaughtered just wouldn't talk. 

She sighed in defeat. Just when she was going to call it a night, she tasted something in the air. Similar to the other demon slayers in her circle, she had a heightened sense, sense of taste to be exact. That was how she confirmed he was a marechi, by tasting the air around him. And the taste she's sensing right now was a very strong one. She drew her nichirin blade, a beautiful black to cerulean gradient sword.

Left! She swung her blade to deflect the demon's attack. The demon quickly evaded but she was able to have a glimpse of what it looks like. It was downright hideous

Its body was like a hound's but it was all leathery and wrinkled. And the face, goddamn the face. It was like a mix of a rat, a dog, and a freaking human but it was so badly deformed. It also doesn't help that it was currently snarling at her.

"What a cute little...puppy." she forced out. And holy shit it only snarled harder. 

"Ara~~" a sickly sweet voice chimed. I looked up and saw a demon woman smirking at her. She whistled at the hound and just as quickly as it came, it vanished. "He would be delighted to know you're alive little bloomer" I gave her a disgusted look. 

"Did you just call me boomer?" I growled. "That's... that's low

The demon looked at me confused. "Quit it girl. Your life is literally in my hands so act like it." 

"Bold of you to assume that I care." I remarked, smirking.

I got into a battle stance and dashed towards her, appearing in front of the she-demon in an instant. 

Breath of the Storm Second Form: Roaring Winds...!

Aiming for her limbs, I swung my blade. Quick and heavy slashes directed at the demon, I felt the adrenaline rush to my veins. The she-demon was quick but she was quicker. Blows were being exchanged by the two, both of them engaged in a death dance. She was able to cut up the demon's arms and just when the decisive strike to her neck was made, she felt a sharp pain in her ankle. 

I cried out in pain. Fucking hell I thought it was gone.

I jumped away from them. "Wait does it have rabies?" I asked seemingly concerned, gasping for air and trying to buy time.

"Listen girl. I have no intention of killing you. I came here to warn you." the demon snarled. I rose my brows at this. "He will come after you when he realizes you're alive. I suggest that you lay low if you don't want to be found." the demon explained. "I would've explained more but now there's no more time. I assume you know who I'm talking about." And with that she was gone.

════════════════

a/n

i know. vry inconsistent lolol. cuz i just write whenever and whatever. alsoooo i change POV a lot and i dont really want to use "Your POV" so i try to make it as obvious as possible. but pls tell me if it doesn't work and you prefer it if i put announcements on POV changes.

also since i cant describe clothes for shit, this is what you wear as a demon slayer,

hope ya like this chapt ;)