23 ↬ 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

˗'ˏ chapter 23 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 23 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊.

"I took no part in the conversation." Kunimi denied in an instant. The girl whipped her head to him. "Oh wow. The betrayal. He told me he knows where to get-" 

Then Kunimi stared at me. 

As in he was just staring at me. She swallowed hard. Not glaring, not even telling her to shut up. Though she dealt with demons, that was still freakiest moments of her life so she cut herself off.

"Oh hey, let's go back to the others." she started to walk away, Kunimi chuckling at the girl. Iwaizumi raised a brow at him. 

As they walked to regroup with the others, the ace kept glancing at the girl, curious as to how she became skilled, so he asked. "How long have you been playing, L/N-san?" 

'She must started playing since young. Maybe she even had access to a private trainer. And- '  

"I'm not sure. Maybe a few weeks ago? A month I think. Also feel free to call me Y/N." He stopped walking. That can't be right. "A month?!" he exclaimed. She chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Yeah I know. I'm severely inexperienced, yet they added me-" He looked at the girl weirdly. 'She's completely missing the point.'

"Y/N-chan!" the orange haired boy exclaimed when he saw her. She smiled at the boy, jogging towards him. As the ace peeled his eyes away from the girl he noticed that his friend was missing.

"Where's Oikawa?" Iwaizumi asked the others. "Don't know." 

➽───────────────❥

The girl was walking through the halls, hunting for a vending machine, in dire need of a drink. Turns out the coach they used to get here had broken down, so they'll be staying a little later than planned.

When she finally spotted the vending machine, she walked over to it, surprised to see the captain of Seijoh sitting on the one of the chairs near the machine. He was sitting there alone, holding his head in his hands.

"Oikawa? Are you all right?"

He abruptly looked up, surprised to see the girl there. 'Speak of the devil.' He didn't even notice anyone walk in. 

"I am." he answered, short and curt, voice emotionless. The girl looked at him worriedly. 'Why does he seem so...cold? ' She knew she barely knows the guy but his attitude right now seemed so different from earlier.

"No really, what happened?" asked the girl, voice significantly gentler. She walked closer and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and he flinched. He gripped it as he stood up, glaring at her.