10 ↬ 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞

˗'ˏ chapter 10ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 10ˎˊ˗

════════════════

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐀 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓."

To say she was irritated was an understatement. A huge one. She was already pissed at Kageyama and now a stranger's first thought about her was her height.

 A tick mark appeared on my head. "We don't talk about my height here." I growled.

The coach raised his hands in surrender, "Look I was only stating the obvious. You're kinda short for a volleyball player, though if you could jump-"

As coach Ukai continued digging his own grave, he failed to notice the rest of the team crossing their arms into an 'X' trying to save their coach from his impending doom. They know that height was a sensitive topic for the girl. How? It was when Bokuto had a near death experience at training camp.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Bokuto cheered, happy that their protégé was learning the sport quickly. The girl flashed him a smile. They were currently teaching her the basics of receiving.

"What position do you want to play L/N-san?" the stoic setter from Furukodani asked.

"I want to be like them! Spikers!" she exclaimed.

"Hm? Spiker? Are you sure you can reach the net, Y/N-san?" the owl asked in doubt. 

"....hah?" 

They all shivered at the memory. They never ever want to anger you after. 

"Ne Coach-san?" she asked sweetly. They knew that the girl would snap at any moment. 

"Hai?" Ukai asked, still oblivious to the situation. 

"Do you want me to cut off that small little thing between your legs?" I asked, sporting a wide, menacing smile. 

Ukai understood to never mention your height again.

➽───────────────❥

After Ukai's near encounter with death, the two were introduced with each other. Both refused to speak to each other, one because of anger and the other because of fear, so  Daichi and Sugawara were forced to be the one to introduce the two. 

Unfortunately, the girl didn't get to practice for the match later after everything. She walked back to class with Kageyama, both still somewhat flustered about earlier. I mean who wouldn't?

Bitch he growled in my ear. It was kinda hot, not gonna lie. 

The ravenette also had similar thoughts. Her lips was so soft.

Wanting to lift the awkward atmosphere the girl decided to strike up a conversation. "So...Kageyama?" 

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry about earlier. With hitting you and everything." she muttered. "I'm sorry for insulting you. A-And for shutting you up." he apologized back. She replied with a meek 'ok'.

Silence enveloped the two again but it wasn't really awkward anymore. She abruptly stopped and faced the setter.

"Ne Kageyama? Let's have a truce. Plain or chocolate, they're both delicious!" I said, giving him a genuine smile. And at that moment, time for the boy seemed to stop. 

He realized he never really got to appreciate how beautiful you are. And the way the sunlight was hitting your face only amplified it. He wanted to trace your lips with his fingers, feel your warm, soft skin.

 His heart was beating fast and he sucked in a breath. She never smiled like that before, only for me he thought to himself, happy of because of it. 

"Yeah. They're both delicious." 

As they finally arrived at their classroom, there was no denying that they bonded over that little moment.

➽───────────────❥

Classes were finally over and she felt her head aching. She was doing well with all of the subjects. Except math. Fuck you, math.

She actually has someone to blame. That damn, old man didn't bother teaching me more than the basics. You see she and Zenitsu were homeschooled by Nekomata. He surprisingly knows a lot and taught her well with the other subjects. But he deemed science and math unworthy. "Bah! You'll never need those anyway." which was, quite frankly, true. 

But still at times like this she really, really needed it. The young demon slayer though was extremely grateful to Shinobu for forcing her to study science and become well-versed in it. Math was a different story. It's math!! Why does it have letters? Who in their right mind would-

Her thoughts were cut off when she felt a hand on her head. "Oi. You have a match." Her classmate and, hopefully, future teammate said. "Hm? Why're you looking away, Bakayama? Still flustered about earlier?"

"I'M NOT!" he said, visibly blushing. She decided not to comment on that anymore and packed her things.

"Let's go win that match."

➽───────────────❥

When they arrived at the gym everyone was already there. Turns out they already decided on the teams. It would be a 3v3 match with her, Suga, and Tsukishima on one team and Kageyama, Tanaka, and Daichi on the other. 

"We're not going easy on you!" Tanaka yelled competitively.

I smirked.

"You're going down, cupcakes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

eyow. eyow. i dunno how to write a vball match muahahah. so prepare for cringe on the next chapt. also

VERY!! IMPORTANT!! NEWS!!

i just discovered i can pull a yagami yato,, though not as good iTS sTiLL sOMetHinG!!!