16 ↬ 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

˗'ˏ chapter 16 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 16 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆, 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍.

It was really just an excuse and everyone knew it. They were curious and above all frustrated. 'Who would dare confess to her even with us around.'

They turned a corner when they heard faint voices.

"L/N-san! You came.."

"Of course I would." she replied, amusement laced in her voice. "Well about my confession.."

They heard her sigh. "Look, I'm sorry but I don't think I can reciprocate you're feelings. It's really not you, it's me." The eavesdropping team were trying hard not to cackle at her lame excuse and were feeling sorry for the kid that confessed. Deep down though, they were relieved that she turned him down.

It was silent for awhile. "Oh, don't give me the look. Okay. Okay. That one is horribly overused. But I literally don't even know your name." she gave off a small friendly laugh.

"Oh, I guess I didn't even tell you huh." the boy replied, feeling dejected and embarrassed. "Hey, don't look so down. For the record, you're really cute. Really. You seem nice too. Don't let someone like me take your confidence down." 'Cute? CUTE? Y/N never complimented us like that! How dare he-

"I'm really sorry but I'll be off now." she said, making them panic. Before the team started scrambling away the boy blurted. "Wait!" making them stop. "Hm? What is it?" she asked, curious.

"I have something important to tell you. B-Before I came here, someone told me to tell you something." he revealed. This piqued everyone's attention, so they decided to stay.

"Who? And what did they say?" she asked worriedly. 'Holy hell, I hope no one saw me burn all those weed I found at the locker room. I swear I didn't mean to make the basketball team high.' she thought nervously.

"They told be that you should be careful. And that you're a marechi? And to never come out alone at night. I'm not really sure what he means." he said worriedly. Now the team was confused. What was that about? Was their friend in danger? Their thought were cut off when Y/N spoke.

"Who told you that? What do they look like?" she asked in a hurried tone. "I don't know who he was. But he was wearing a Karasuno uniform. And his hair was grayish. I'm sorry if I can't tell you more. He was wearing a mask." he muttered.

"No it's fine! Thank you for telling me. Then, I'll be going now." The team started scrambling away again, worried that she'd find them eavesdropping.

She looked back at him. "I'm really sorry." she murmured. The boy smiled at him. "Never, never apologize for your feelings." he smiled at her. She gave him a genuine smile back.

➽───────────────❥

When the girl entered the gym, she was fuming. "You eavesdropping busybodies! Why in hell were you there?" she hollered.

"Huh? Where?!"

She glared at them.

"H-How did you know?!" they fretted, honestly thinking they were being discreet. "My tongue, you idiots! You all tasted like salty shits. Now speak." she growled.

"We were worried!" Tanaka defended. She rose a brow. "We were curious!" Tanaka admitted. She rolled her eyes, then glared at Daichi. "Even you, Captain?" her glare was already terrifying itself, but then she laughed. At first they were relieved, thinking that the girl calmed down and found the situation funny. But her laugh slowly turned sadistic and then-

"All of you are so dead." she growled. 

The whole practice, the H/C girl aimed all her spikes directly to their heads. She was practicing and gaining her revenge at the same time. It was productive. 

Though her teammates were terrified, not knowing if they'd get hit next, they were also worried about what the boy said. 'Was someone stalking her? Is she in danger?' were the thoughts that plagued their mind. 

➽───────────────❥

After practice and when the girl finally calmed down, someone finally found the courage to ask what the boy meant. But all she replied was that she herself, didn't know.

They were now exiting the school grounds after a long day of practice and getting hit in the head. Kageyama and Y/N usually walked side-by-side, so when the two were as far away from each other as possible, they knew something was up.

"Y/N, Kageyama. Did you two get in a fight again?" Sugamama asked, exasperated. "We didn't" the setter mumbled. "Then why are you two so tense?" They flinched.

"I think I may have an idea what's going on." Asahi revealed. "Is it because of what happened on the rooftop-" 

"No!" The screamed in unison. 

"What happened at the rooftop?"

"Nothing!"

"Oi did you two do anything-"

"We didn't!"

"Was it naughty?" Ukai interjected while smirking, catching up with the team. Then the two blushed like hell. Their eyes widened. So it really was-

"Oi! What did you two do!"

"Ryu! Let's beat up that jerk, Kageyama!"

"YEAH!" 

"You're kids. Kids!"

Daichi was glaring at them. "I didn't mean to! It was an accident, I swear." the girl argued, covering her face. While they were arguing, Tsukishima was quiet the whole time, thoughts plaguing his mind, until-

"Y/N," he began, surprising them. "Ara? Tsukishima's striking a conversation with me. What a lovely day." she joked. "Shut up. That idiot that confessed to you he said something about-" he stopped himself, not wanting the others to hear. 

So he grabbed her wrist and dragged her with him, leaving her and the others confused. Multiple eyes were glaring at their retreating figure, jealousy brewing in their chests.

"O-Oi, Tsukishima? What, gonna confess to me too?" 

"Quit it. The dumbass that confessed to you called you a marechi. And about not being alone at night." he blurted. "Yeah? I'm not sure what he means though. What about it?" she lied. 

"Someone told me the exact same thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n 

sorry if this one was lameee,, it feels rushed to me

stay safe and hydrated madafakas