19 ↬ 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

˗'ˏ chapter 19 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 19 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌.

Letters in hand, she made herself comfortable in her seat before carefully opening it. It was neat and without a crinkle. Though Yuka was a little bitch sometimes, he knew that the letters from them were important and makes sure not to damage them.

After she passed the final selection, she became busier, always travelling. Her schedule was tight and she rarely got to see her friends. The first one she opened was from Zenitsu.

Y/N-chan! How are you? I really miss you! Without you here I always get beat up by that boar head! Also, I think I'm getting closer with Nezuko-chan! I think one day she'll suddenly ask me to marry her, I can feel it! 

She let out a giggle. 

We're actually on our way to a mission. I've been training hard, Y/N-chan. I know that I'm holding you back but just you wait! I'll get stronger, strong enough to stand with you, then we'll kill demons together! I promise! Also Tanjiro says to take care and Inosuke only said that he'll beat you when you return. I hope you're doing well there, Y/N-chan!

Sincerely, Itsu-kun

She smiled fondly, finding herself missing the boy's company. 'Who would've thought I'd miss someone who proposes to every girl he sees.' He wasn't really a playboy though. In her opinion, he was frankly..desperate. But she knows that whoever insane enough to accept his proposal would actually end up really lucky.

Then she reached for the second letter. She chuckled. It was Sanemi. After all that talk saying he'd never send her one. What an idiot. His letter was slightly crumpled, handwriting uneven. 

Oi you damned brat. Is it like hell there? Are you suffering? You better. If you can't take it anymore then tell me. I'll be the first to know how shitty you are. Don't hold back and give up already. She raised her eyebrows. A few sentences in and she has to decode it already? 

If this came from Sanemi..then it should mean: 'How are you? Are you okay? You know you can tell me if you don't like it there, I can help you.' She continued to read the rest.

Don't worry though. I'll try to see your suffering with my own eyes when I can. Maybe I can even beat you up. I'm not sure when but the sooner I can punish you, the better. You better not be slacking!  Training and study wise. It'd be shameful if my former tsugoku fails high school...Stay safe.

That technically means: 'I'll try to visit as soon as possible. Maybe we could even spend time together. I'm not sure when that'd be but I'm dying to see you again. Keep working hard. Stay safe.' 

Sanemi

Her heart warmed at his letter. It was threatening, yes. But if you know him well enough, you'd know that through his letter he actually cares. He's just a tsundere. 

She remembered the times she trained to be his tsugoku, how after a long day of training he'd take them out for some ohagi. She missed those days, when the three of them were together. If only that didn't happen. 

Then she shuffled for the third one. It came from Iguro. She beamed. It's been awhile since he sent her a letter, so she was surprised.

Y/N, I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry I haven't written to you for awhile, there's been a lot of demons in the area lately. But I think I might be visiting soon. Also, just like I promised, I found you a snake. I'll see you soon. 

Iguro

She laughed. Straight to the point, as always. He also got her a snake? 'I was only joking that time but he really found me one.'

When she realized that there were only three letters, she frowned. 'Giyuu didn't send me one? '

Though she was saddened and disappointed, she tried to remind herself that he was probably busy. 

The three hashiras were actually the ones that contributed to her breathing. The first breath she learned as a kid was wind, courtesy of Sanemi. And..after what happened, she ended up being taught the breath of thunder by Nekomata.  

Then Sanemi found her again and through him, she got close with the other hashiras, some even began to train her. Sanemi, Nekomata, Iguro, Giyuu. Wind, thunder, snake, and water. 

When she learned those breaths she unconsciously began to use a different one, derived from the breaths she was taught. And the breath of storm was born.

She looked up to the sky. They were probably looking at the same moon as her, probably wondering if she received their letters.

It was cold that night but the letters provided her comfort and warmth. And hope. Hope that there would be a time that they'd finally find peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

a/n

okay that was another shit not gon lie anymore. also i feel like i forced?? this chapt

but i just wanted you to know her relationships with the other hashiras

i'll be uploading a checkpoint?? soon to keep u guy on track with the info.