Chapter Three

Liam Payne

Again, I didn't literally pee myself because that would be embarrassing but I will admit that I was close to throwing up. Being this close to him was not good for my health. His smell was intoxicating and his eyes were such a pretty shade of hazel and it didn't help that his focus was on me. I felt self conscious with how deeply he was staring at me but my stomach stirred at the same time.

Say something! But what would I say? I gulped slowly and I caught on to his eyes darting to my throat and watching the movement. I awkwardly averted my eyes, feeling suffocated and overwhelmed by him.

"I-I'm sorry," I squeaked out.

He didn't say anything and I felt my cheeks redden. Was what I said that dumb? I groaned internally. Why do you even care, Liam? I sighed. I looked at his fist that lay by his side and my chest constricts with a large amount of concern.

I become alert as my eyes dart up when I hear footsteps of him walking away from me. I panic and knowing how unlike me this is, I rush after him. Catching up to him, I stand in front of him huffing out of breath with a red face. It wasn't that I was out of shape, he was just tall which meant he took longer and easier strides when he walked. Definitely not out of shape.

He stands there and I quickly feel smaller than him with how tall and intimidating he is. I didn't know what to say and looking up I saw his face was hardened with annoyance and I clammed up. My face turning a shade of pink and I begin to slap myself for running after him for no reason. Why are you like this Liam?

Shaking my head, I jerk my hand out and point my finger at his fist. His expression never changed.

"Y-your knuckles," I say meekly, so quiet that I probably sounded like a mouse.

His eyes linger on me before he looks up and gets ready to leave but with courage and a red face, I grab his hand and he stops almost immediately. I swallow, my heart was racing beyond belief and though I was confused as to why I was reacting like this I couldn't get my heart to function with what my brain was telling me.

"Your knuckles are bleeding and cut," I tell him, surprising myself with how I didn't stutter once.

For a brief moment I see his features soften for a moment but the moment was gone after a few seconds and he ripped his hand from my grip causing me to flinch. He advanced towards me and my eyes widened, my body stumbling to back away.

"What the fuck are you after? You think because I didn't beat you back there that you can speak to me?" He growled out harshly with his sharp canines appearing.

I shivered at the deepness and intensity of his voice and how smooth and baritone it sounded drifting in my ears. Once I got over his voice I got to what he said and I flinched once more, an accidental whimper escaping past my lips and if my eyes weren't watering I think I could've told you how his his eyes softened like they did before but this time with hints of regret. Involuntarily, my bottom lips gutted out with my eyes wet and I said quietly:

"I w-wanted to h-help you."

I heard him take a deep breath in before he turned around and ran his fingers through his dark hair in what looked like frustration.

"Fuck," he whispered in annoyance but I wasn't sure if it was at me or something else.

With big eyes I watched as he looked back at me and muttered something to himself before turning and beginning to walk. I dropped my head with a frown but jumped as I heard his deep voice that bounced off the walls.

"If you don't keep up with me that's your problem," he said with lack of emotion.

My heart leaped on his own and my face tinted red as it usually did and I ran to catch up with him. I slowed down when I was able to catch up to him and looked at him as he walked keeping his head straight. When he turned to look at me I quickly turned my head and looked down with red cheeks.