Chapter Twenty Eight

"Have you ever been so sad that it physically hurts inside and you just don't know what to do so you just...give up"

Third Person

Louis takes off instantly as Liam is shot in the thigh with strings of curses leaving his mouth, the shot didn't exactly kill him but surely knocked him off conscious due to the properties the injection had. He was afraid, that was obvious but he hadn't run because he didn't want to be next, he ran because he needed to get Zayn. Louis knew well that he wouldn't stand a chance against whoever had broken in and it seemed that the man only wanted Liam telling from how his eyes through the mask he wore, were mainly trained on Liam.

Not caring how loud he was being, Louis ran up the stairs that seemed to swirl around and when he got onto another floor, with exhaustion he'd find another flight of stairs and begin to run up them. He would've taken the elevator had it been closer but the first thing Louis thought of was booking it up the stairs.

As he's about to start climbing up the stairs to the third floor, he spots Zayn rushing down the stairs with frantic steps. Zayn meets Louis' worried eyes and he's immediately rushing to Louis, grasping the smaller boys shoulders in his tight grip. Louis would've whined about the pain his grip caused but at the moment he couldn't give a damn what kind of pain he was in knowing his best friend was practically kidnapped right before his eyes.

"Where's Liam?" Zayn shook Louis.

Zayn was deep in his slumber moments ago, enjoying the comforts of being cuddled up with his mate. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but he could cuddle with his pup all day and be completely content, that's how much he loved being with Liam who made him feel like his world was complete. When Liam slipped out of bed to go grab food, Zayn noticed it at first sensing how the warmth left him but he was tired and figured nothing of the sorts would go down.

Oh, how wrong he was when Rodger jolted him awake with his frantic ragging within himself. Zayn knew something was wrong especially when there was a pain that shot in his thigh. It burned and made him feel lightheaded but the pain was easy to overcome as the injection wasn't meant to kill but to subdue. There was more emotional pain for Zayn, the fear dripping from Liam very prominent and sending Zayn haywire.

"I...I, he was," Louis didn't know how to say it, the look of such pure worry across Zayn's face was too much for Louis so he remained gapping, opening his mouth to speak with no words escaping.

"Louis!" Zayn roared aloud, the sound easily waking up his pack members on all floors.

It was only two minutes later that Harry, Lou Marcus and Niall were all rushing down the steps and to where Louis and Zayn were. Seeing the position they were in, Harry scowls gripping the back of Louis' shirt and ripping his mate from his angry alpha.

Truth be told, they all felt something had gone amiss, the feeling within their bodies notifying them that something was going on in a bad way. The simple look on their alphas faces told them everything. Something happened to Liam.

"What happened? Where's Liam?" Lou broke the painful silence.

"Don't you think I've been trying to get that out of Louis," Zayn bit angrily, his tone making Louis flinch.

Harry squeezed Louis' hand in comfort. He was irritated that his alpha was yelling at his mate and was close to snapping but he knew something was wrong so he put his anger aside and instead went a different approach. He turned to Louis, taking his face into his hands gently and lifting his head up to look at him in his eyes. Louis visibly relaxed, Harry's touch soothing him in all the right ways.