Chapter Twenty Seven

"The person who tries to keep everyone happy often ends up feeling the loneliest."

Liam Payne

I had finished talking to my mom on the phone maybe two hours ago because she was worried that somehow I had gotten tired of her and my dad altogether and that's why I was taking refuge at Louis' House. Truth was I was still in the pack house and I hated lying to people, especially my parents but I had done my best to reassure her that I just liked spending time with Louis. The loud woman who birthed me went on to rant for hours telling me how Zayn, 'the poor boy,' would be jealous of all the time I spent with Louis. I awkwardly chuckled, thinking if she only knew I'd spent nearly every second with Zayn.

I hung up with her on a good note and slipped out of Zayn's arms that were wrapped tightly around my waist and made my way out of his room. I had maybe a day left of being in heat, the days passed by so quick and I thought maybe it was because I was actually enjoying my stay here. After Zayn had marked me, he immediately sent my things down to his suite and I was constantly sleeping by his side.

I was nervous at first but now it felt unnatural to even try to fall asleep without him by my side. It was shocking me to how I had grown so attached to him in such a short amount of time but when I thought about how the mate bond seemed to triple tenfold, it made sense.

I walked through Zayn's personal living room and into the open kitchen where I rummaged through his fridge for something to eat because I was hungry. Sure it was 2 a.m but I feel like I'm usually hungry 24/7 anyways so this was a natural thing.

To my misfortune, the only thing Zayn had in his fridge were condiments and cat food which was weird because they didn't have any pets like cats so finding food for cats was strange.

Stomach growling, I close the fridge and make my way to the elevator and press for it to open. The steel door slides open and I hop inside, pressing the first floor. The kitchen there had a lot of food so that was my best bet to find something to eat. Looking at the button panel within the elevator I realized how wrong I had been and instead of this house containing six floors, I was sure it had seven considering how Zayn had his own floor that had the fixtures of a penthouse.

The elevator stopped and slipped open and I was back onto the first floor. Chewing my lip, I walked out but seeing how dark it is I waver in my steps as I was terrified of being in the dark. It was so quiet and there was so much space, not to mention that I was still learning my way around here. To make matters worse, I started to hear rain pouring harshly from outside and when I heard the thunder that shook my entire being, I squealed and began rushing around the house to find the kitchen as if I'd be 'safe' then.

Thankfully, after maybe a painstaking ten minutes I finally found the kitchen and quickly flicked the lights on. It was bright in contrast to the rest of my darker surroundings. I shuffled over to the fridge opening it up and taking in the loaded amounts of food that was in it. It was organized well and looking into the freezer section, I pulled out frozen mini corn dogs. Despite it being frozen, I could tell that they'd taste good.

Going through the steps, my mini corns dogs were finally ready and and I happily danced on the seat that I took by the island. I winced at the amount of dishes left in the sink due to my cooking of the corn dogs but I would make sure to wash them before I left.

I eat quite slow so it took me maybe another ten minutes before I was done with the five corn dogs I had made. Carrying the plate I ate them on, I made my way around the island and into the kitchen where I began to wash the dishes that were in there. Some weren't mine but I didn't find a problem in washing them as well.

I heard sounds and I pause in my movements, the water hitting my skin as I tried my best to calm myself. I no longer heard anything but it left an unsettling feeling in me so I quickly rinsed the rest of the things in the sick before shuffling to put them in their proper spot. I dried my hands with a paper towel before turning.