Chapter Four

Liam Payne

Zayn glared while I resembled a bell pepper and shuffled out of his grasp and stood up nervously. I gulped, I hope this guy doesn't go around telling people about this. I didn't want to become the bearer of bullying and I didn't want Zayn to suffer in any way, not like he would considering his status here. I nearly face palmed, it was still just the first day.

"And I'm the indecent one," the guy laughed to himself, looking at me with interest without breaking eye contact.

I shifted uncomfortably and looked down with my cheeks lightly coating red. I flinched and jerked up when I heard a loud and thunderous growl. My eyes widened significantly as I look up and drift my eyes to Zayn who was glaring dangerous with black eyes at the guy who stood by the doorframe.

Did that come out of him? I shook lightly. There was no way. It was so inhuman, so animalistic, so terrifying. I racked my brain to figure out where the sound could've came from and for a rest of mind, I planted it in my head that maybe it was someone's ringtone. Not the best thought but it worked.

"Woah there alpha, hold your horses," he snickered teasingly but there was respect lingering in his tone.

I looked up at the guy with raised eyebrows and confused eyes. Alpha? That was a weird term to call someone but as I thought about it, it worked well with Zayn's character so it fit.

"I'm Harry," the guy said suddenly and my attention snapped back to him as I nervously stared at him.

"I'm L—"

"Fucking hungry," Zayn stood from where he sat.

He shoulder bumped Harry as he walked out of the door harshly and I winced knowing how sculpted and built Zayn was. Harry seemed unfazed and turned to follow him but must've remembered me and walked over. I shyly ducked away but was surprised as his arms wound it's way around my neck and he began to lead me in the same direction Zayn was walking in.

We caught up with Zayn and were soon walking by him. I shifted weirdly with Harry's arm around me but didn't have to face the weight of his arm any longer as he removed his arm from my shoulder as if my shoulder caught fire. I looked up to see why the sudden movement happened and turned my head to peer up at Zayn who was giving Harry a deathly glare.

Looking at Harry, he stared at Zayn with a look I couldn't pin point and I felt awkward between them. It was as if they were having an internal conversation and purposely keeping me out of it. That wasn't possible so I shuffled slowly along with them.

I nervously swallowed as my nerves hit me when he neared the lunch room doors. I could practically feel the mass of students that were probably in there and I was dreading going inside. I pictured their beady eyes and my heartbeat accelerated beyond control and my breathing became rapid.

No Liam, not here. Don't do this. Remember what you taught yourself, remember....oh those eyes are so nice. Hm, and I could die breathing in this scent. I blinked and I looked up to see Zayn towering over me and this time, almost completely clearly, I could see worry on his face. His brows furrowed, his lips bending into a frown.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I blushed, looking around and anywhere besides his face profusely nodding my head.

"Y-yes," I stuttered.

I'd never seen anything but a stoic expression on his face so it strangely made my heart flutter seeing such a tender look on his face. His sculptured face with a jaw line sharper than knives, cheekbones that were protruding and eyes that made you melt into a puddle. Let's not mention his hair that was styled previously but him running his fingers through his hair tousled it up and gave it a messy look that still managed to look dashing.