Chapter Nine

Liam Payne

I was still completely and utterly unsure on whether or not I was, 'gay', or not but if me enjoying Zayn's lips on mine is any indication to go by I'd say I wasn't exactly straight by definition means of what the term heterosexual went by. I blushed down on myself, my hands going to my lips on their own accord. I couldn't help it, my mind was on nothing but yesterday's events. It just made me giddy and want to dance in my spot very awkward like just thinking about how electrifying the whole thing was.

That was my first kiss.

A small smile bubbles onto my features and I duck past some students as I attempt to get to my Economics class. I push up my glasses and trudge towards the direction I assume is correct but I get confused once again. I sigh and pause in my step unsure of what to do, even though I had been here for a while it was still a major struggle to navigate my way through these halls.

A hand clasps my shoulder and I look to my side and notice a guy who was tall and broad. He wasn't as tall as Zayn and maybe an inch taller than Louis but he was taller than me, as nearly a lot of people were. He wore a smile that appeared genuine in my eyes and I tried to calm myself. I look around to notice that two guys had come to me as well. These were his friends?

"Liam?" He asks me and I look at him and stumble on my words.

"Y-yes," I confirm.

His smile widens and I shuffle in my spot uncomfortably with my hands going to the straps of my book bag to squeeze them. His friends give a grin as-well and my heart accelerated as nerves overtake me. What did they want?

"Aren't you in my Economics class?" One of the guys, the red head, asks me bending to match my height.

I nod quietly and the one that was beside me originally, the brunette, slaps my back hard with a hardy chuckle escaping his lips. He looks down at me after he calms down with what I look at as a gentle smile.

"We're heading there right now," he says to me and my eyes widen.

Maybe they could help me.

"You can follow us," the last of the three, the blonde, suggests.

"T-thank you!" I stutter but try to express my gratitude.

The blonde slings his arms around my shoulder and practically drags me towards what I'm hoping is the direction to my Economics class. His friends trail behind slowly and my brows begin to knit it confusion with my nose scrunched up in thought. We start walking up steps and I hesitantly continuing going up with them. I couldn't help but swear that the class was at least on the second floor and not all the way up here.

My heart sped up but I couldn't find the courage within me to stay anything and I began to quietly hyperventilate. They shove open a door and my eyes squint as I'm roughly pushed onto the roof of the school building. They follow me out and I stumble a little before turning to see them watching me. I saw a smirk blossom on the red heads face as he turned to lock the door that led back inside the school. I took scared steps back, swallowing and feeling my heart beat irregularly.

"T-this isn't t-the e-economics class," I stutter so much that the fear in me is rolling off me in waves and they can smell it as mischief clouds their expression.

"N-no dip s-shithead," the blonde mocks and the red head laughs loudly.

The ringleader who appears to be the brunette who approached me first takes steps towards my direction and I panic and take frantic steps away. I hold my hands out shaking my head and internally pleading for them to just leave me alone. Tears cloud my eyes and I bring my hands to my chest to clutch my shirt in a ball as I feel my heart thundering so loudly it nearly deafens me.