One

"Haven Ashford, you are under arrest on suspicion of first-degree murder. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to a defence attorney, but if you cannot afford one, it will be provided for you."

I watched everyone stare, as the police took me away. If I was on suspicion of first-degree murder, then they will try me as an adult. If the jury agrees, I get life in jail.

You're probably wondering what happened, and how the hell I got myself into this mess. If I tell you now though, you wouldn't understand. So let me take you back to where it all started, and show you how I got into this position.

Fairytales, Halloween costumes. That's what you think of when you hear the word werewolf. That's what everyone thinks of. Shows like The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, and Twilight, all touch on that supernatural element. But even then, we all know it's not real. It's a scenario, made up to scare children. At least, that's what I thought...

Sixteen. The golden year. Halfway through the teenage years. Junior year of high school. I guess I should be excited, but considering the fact that I've never stayed at the same school for more than six months, you could say, I'm not exactly ecstatic.

My sixteenth birthday was fine. I was wearing a purple dress and my blonde hair was in a braided crown. I had been out with my friends all afternoon. They took me to some fancy restaurant and then we went shopping. It was basically your average birthday. Nothing special. That was until my mum told me to come home early. I was quite shocked because my mum usually lets me stay out quite late. I wasn't too worried about it though.

I had just arrived home. I laid my keys down on the front desk and then I went into the living room.

My mum quickly walked up to me and she said "thank goodness you're home already. I was so worried."

I looked at her and then I asked "you've let me stay later than this before. What's so different about today?"

My mum looked at me and then she said "you might want to sit down. I've got a lot of things that I need to explain to you, especially now that you're sixteen. You might not believe it at first, but you will later on today."

I sat down on the sofa and then I looked at my mum confused.

She sat down next to me and then she said "What I'm about to tell you, goes back generations. To the very beginning of time. It's really hard to explain and you might even think I'm crazy, but I will prove it to you tonight. Everything I'm about to say to you is one hundred percent true."

I looked at her and nodded and then she continued to say "long, long ago, your ancestors lived in a town where they were very hated. It was a really big town, but it was separated into five parts. Five different groups. The riches, the classical, the casual, the mediocre, and the poor. Our family was the casual. So we were basically in the middle. Not too rich and not too poor. So everyone hated us the most because we had everything and nothing. Everyone assumed that one of the five groups had some type of power. No one knew what group it was, or what their power was either. Until one day, every group except the riches went on strike for a raise. The riches got so angry about this, that they used their special power to cause a hurricane. It killed hundreds of people from the four groups that went on strike. That's when we learned that the riches were spell-casting witches."

I looked at her and then I asked "hang on a minute. You're trying to tell me that the riches were witches? Witches aren't real though." My mum nodded and then she said "I thought the same thing when my parents told me this story. Until I turned sixteen years old and then I learned that everything they said was true. This is exactly why I'm telling you this on your sixteenth birthday. Because when the full moon rises at 7 pm, you're going to go through pain like never before. I guarantee you that it's going to hurt like a bitch, especially the first couple of times. You get used to it after a while though."
I didn't believe it, nor did I want to believe it, but my mother has never lied to me before. Why would she start now?