Four

I had just left my dorm, and I was going to my first class at Luna Coast High. I saw Harrison, he was waiting for me, outside my dorm. I didn't even get to say anything, and he just pulled me into a hug. I didn't push him off, but I didn't exactly know why he was hugging me. I then pulled back and I asked "nice to see you too, but what was that for?" He looked at me and then he responded with "just my way of saying thank you. I know that you defended me by standing up to Jessica. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't expect that from you. No one has ever stood up to Jess, and made it out alive. Jessica is quite known for bullying people out of this school, especially those who cross her. She's done it to over five students, you're clearly very brave and ballsy if you're not afraid of Jess. Literally, everyone is afraid of her, she's literally the wicked witch of the school." I looked at him and then I asked "do you mean like a literal witch? Like the type that turned us into werewolves?" He nodded and then he replied "no, I just mean that she's so cruel, that she gets compared to a witch. Jessica has no powers. She's human."

When Harrison said that, I wanted to believe him, but I just couldn't. I get a weird vibe around supernatural beings. I got it around Harrison, that's one of the reasons why I realised he was a werewolf so quickly. Obviously, his eyes changing colour was a huge giveaway, but his vibe was also a magical feeling. The same way Jessica's vibe does. Maybe, Harrison just doesn't know. But Jess and him have known each other for over a decade, not to mention, they've dated. If anyone was to know whether she had powers or not, it would be Harrison. But I know for a fact that this vibe isn't out of nowhere. Jessica is definitely a supernatural being. And I'm going to find out which one she is.

I was in class and I was getting all of my stuff out. Naomi then came and sat next to me.
She looked at me and then she said "well played. I knew I liked you. Standing up to Jessica is brave beyond belief. The fact that you're so close with Harrison, is really breaking her black soul." I looked at her and then I asked "what even happened between them?" She looked at me and then responded with "babes, I wish I could tell you, but it's not my place. The only people who should tell you are Jess and Harry. But one thing I can tell you is that Harrison really likes you. Obviously, he's been with Jess the whole time, so he hasn't liked anyone else, but you bring out a side in him that we've not seen since freshman year. He seems happy again, I don't remember the last time he was happy, and I'm his best friend. So I'm begging you if you don't like him, or you're not feeling it, tell him. Don't lead him on. Harrison's a bad boy, but he's got a soft spot when it comes to people he likes." I nodded and then I said "there is not one thing that would make me hurt Harrison. I've never had a crush before. I've never been in a school long enough to have one. I'm staying here though, so for the first time, I guess I actually let my guard down. I've always been afraid of getting attached, in case my mum's job means that we have to move again. That's why she sent me to boarding school. She wants me to make friends and be happy. So I'm letting myself like him, and I'm going to see where it goes. I would never lead him on though. If I'm not feeling it, I'll say it." Naomi looked at me and nodded and then she replied "I have a feeling you're being honest. I believe you."

Whatever happened between Harrison and Jessica, really messed him up. I didn't know what to do. I feel like I came at a bad time. There are clearly still some unresolved issues between a lot of people at this school. That is what happens when you keep secrets. It starts as simple, but slowly, your secrets start to tear you apart, and you start telling people you're not supposed to tell. It adds gasoline to the fire little by little. They keep on pouring until there's nothing left and then, they light the match. It sets fire to everything and everyone, including themselves. Their secrets are what's keeping them safe though. Without them, they would be exposed to the world as supernaturals. It's basically a losing game. Win some, lose some. But sometimes the loss is too great, that at certain points, it's not even worth it. I don't know what happened between Harry and Jess, but I do know, that it was their secrets that tore them apart. I won't let that happen to Harrison and me. No secrets, no lies, no pain. It's not worth it. It's never worth it.