Ten

Three months later...

It was December, and almost time for Christmas break. A lot has happened over the past three months. The group basically split up. Everyone went their separate ways. Harrison and I have barely spoken since that kiss. Myles and Carson are still dating. I still haven't confronted principal Colstone about being my father. I really need to do that though. I'm definitely going to do it before Christmas break, which meant that I had only ten days to do it.
Jessica, more or less stays by herself now. Harrison is always with Myles. And then there's me, I'm always with Naomi. She's become my best friend, the only person who stuck by me through everything. We've basically spent the last three months gathering information on all the witches in school. We didn't manage to get all of them though. We'll soon have enough to start interrogation. I needed to make sure that I had absolutely everything before I started interrogating people. So straight after classes, it was back to investigating. We spent so much time together, that Naomi moved in to my dorm. It was big enough for the two of us, so I don't mind. Obviously, we are going to take a break during our vacation period, but until then, I need to be prepared. Because when we come back in January, it's straight to interrogation. I still need to prove to that skank of a human being, also known as Jessica, that she was wrong about me. I'm not a murderer, not even close.

"Thank you class, you are all dismissed. Miss Ashford and miss Princeton, could you please stay behind?" Our teacher walked up to Naomi and I, and then she said "I hate to break this news to you, but both of you have failed this class for the semester. If this continues next year, you may have to repeat junior year. I don't know what has been happening with you two recently, but these grades are not it. Do better ladies, I expect one hundred percent commitment next year." We both nodded and then Naomi dragged me outside the classroom and she said "I'm out. My grades are falling. I can't keep doing this investigation shit. If I lose my place at this school because of my grades, my parents will kill me."
I took a deep breath and then I responded with "I'm going to confront Colstone about being my father. I'll tell him to boost our grades a little bit. Until then, we need to keep investigating. We're so close Nai. I only need a couple more names, before I can start interrogation. I promise you, we'll even out our time wisely in January. Forty percent investigating, and sixty percent studying. I won't let you fall behind because of me. Nai please, don't quit on me now." She nodded and then she replied with "okay, but if my grades drop any lower after Christmas, you're on your own. I can't risk losing my chances at college because of this. Understood?" I nodded and then I said "I get it. Naomi, you're my best friend. I would never do anything to jeopardise your chances of going to college." She looked at me and then she responded with "it's fine, but like you said, in January, sixty percent studying and forty percent investigating. No more, no less. Now, I've gotta go. I'll see you at lunch." And then she walked off.

I didn't realise that investigating was messing with our studies. As soon as Christmas break is over, we definitely need to buckle down. I'm still going to do my interrogation, but I'll leave Nai out of it. She can't fail because of me, she's my best friend, and she's been so incredibly patient, caring, and there for me. I can't let her miss out on opportunities, because of my selfishness.

It was nighttime, and I was in the bathroom, preparing for bed. That's when Jessica walked in. I rolled my eyes at the site of her, she looked at me and then she said "I have amazing vision. So just know, I saw that. Also, I've seen that you and Nai have gotten awfully close these past three months. Any particular reason why?" I looked at her annoyed and then I responded with "I don't necessarily need to tell you anything, but if you must know, unlike you Jessica, Naomi isn't a rattlesnake. She's actually a good person, and she doesn't go around accusing people that she barley knows, of murder. That's why I'm friends with her. Can you relate?" She laughed and then she said "bless your heart, you think I'm bothered. It's kind of cute. You probably think that you're on top again, especially after that steamy kiss with Harry. How was that, by the way?" I clicked my tongue and I replied with "it was really good, thanks for your concern. You're just salty that you don't have Harrison wrapped around your finger like a leach anymore. I'm not even gonna ask about you two, I couldn't care less. But I am curious to know, why do you hate me so much? What have I done to you?" She nodded and then she responded with "have you seen yourself? You literally look like a carbon copy of me. You're tall, fair skinned, blue eyes, brown hair, incredibly smart, amazingly talented, and extremely beautiful. That's a compliment, I suggest you take it. If you want me to be honest, I feel threatened by you, and when I saw that you took an interest in Harrison, I thought that you were gunning for my spot. On top of that, not only are you werewolf, but you're also a witch. Myles taught you spells that you managed to master in three months, and you're still a newbie. I've been practicing magic since I was five years old, and I still can't do some of the things that you can. I need my popularity, I need my reputation, I need my fame. Without it, I have nothing. I lost my parents, I lost my brother, I lost everything that has ever meant something to me. Colstone isn't even my adopted dad. I made that up, when you find out why though, it will break you. Probably a lot more than it broke me. Mark my words carefully. If you ever tell anybody that I was nice to you, I will personally carve you into a wall and turn you into a chunk of concrete. Am I understood?" I nodded and then she left the bathroom.
I couldn't help but feel a little bit bad for Jessica. She had lost so much at such a young age, she was still an absolute bitch, but I guess it's kind of understandable. It's because she needs to put up that front, because if she doesn't, then she'll be an emotional wreck. I guess it kind of makes sense, because I'm like that as well. I understand how it feels to have to hide yourself. You never want to look vulnerable in front of people. Being vulnerable doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.

It was the next day. Myles and I were on the rooftop. He was helping me with my spells. I was still on the basics. He looked at me and then he said "okay, I've locked the door with a spell. My spell. The spell to lock a door is 'El locktorium.' So what would the reverse spell be?" I held my hands out towards the door and then I responded with "the reverse spell always includes the original spell, so the reverse spell would be 'El locktorium, unlocktorium.' Did it work?" Myles looked at me then he replied with "push the door and see." I walked towards the door and gently pushed it with my hand. As the door opened, I turned around and I said "I did it. I undid another witches spell." Myles smiled and then he responded with "Haven, that's amazing. No one has ever been able to that, especially not with only three months worth of training. You hybrids are extremely quick. I just wish my sister Luna was alive, I would've loved to do spells with her." When Myles said that, I really wanted to tell him the truth. He's been doing spells with his sister the whole time. I didn't tell him though, so I asked "do you have any other siblings?" He looked at me, and then he replied with "nope." I nodded and then I said "I have a brother. He doesn't know that I'm sister. Complicated family drama, that meant that he could never find out, I only found out a couple months ago. I don't know what to do about it. I really want to tell him that I'm his sister, I don't know how though. How do you even bring up that you have a sister, that you didn't know about? I can't bring that up to him. It'll break him." Myles looked at me and then he responded with "whatever the situation may be, you need to tell him. He deserves to know. I'm pretty sure that he'll be happy to have you as his sister. And if he's not, that's his loss, not yours." I really wish he that he didn't say that, but I knew what I had to do. I knew I had to tell him. Right here, right now. I took a deep breath and then I said "Luna never died. She's been living with her mum the past sixteen years. Your dad kept the truth from you." I then handed him my birth certificate. He looked at it, then he looked up at me and he asked "Haven Luna-Ashford Colstone. That's your full name?" I nodded and then he continued to say "this entire time, my dad has lied to me, he's lied to everyone. I can't believe it, Haven you're my baby sister." He then hugged me and I responded with "don't ever call me your baby sister. I'm three months younger than you." He pulled away and then he said "we have to go and talk to dad. We deserve to know why he's been lying to us this entire time. Why he let me believe that you were dead. I can't lie, Haven Colstone has a nice ring to it." I laughed and then I said "yeah, it does. But you're right. We do need to talk to him. I don't understand what I'm supposed to say in that situation. Do I call him by his name? Or should I refer to him as my father." Myles looked at me, and then he replied with "personally, I wouldn't. Why would you refer to him as your dad? He's not been a father to you at all." I nodded and then the two of us left the rooftop, and went to confront principal Colstone about the truth.

I didn't understand how I was supposed to feel in this situation, I was very happy that Myles finally knew the truth. I was also very happy that I could finally tell him, that I was his sister. Over the past three months, while he's been teaching me all these spells, he's been telling me about how much she is wanted to know his sister Luna. I felt like absolute shit, because I couldn't tell him that I was Luna. I felt like such an arse, but I'm really glad that I finally worked up the courage to tell him. I need a sibling in this school, otherwise, I don't know if I'm going to get through it. I'm very happy that I have someone that I know will be there for me, through thick and thin. Not only because we are close, but because we are related. He's my actual brother, I'm so rattled by this, it's a bittersweet situation. I'm happy that Myles knows, but I'm not going to be happy once I have to go to principal Colstone, and asked him why he lied to us. That's definitely going to be the hardest part about this.