Two

I stood in the doorway of my bedroom. I knew this would be the last time I would be seeing it until Christmas break. It was hella nerve-wracking. I was about to drive to boarding school. My mum was still unsure about it though. I was nervous, she was nervous. I can't blame her though. She was literally about to send her teenage werewolf, with no sort of control or training, away into the wild. It was good practice for the future, but I wasn't ready. I didn't know what type of hurdles I was going to have to overcome, but I knew they were definitely going to keep me on my toes.

I was just putting the last of my suitcases in the trunk of the car.
My mum came up to me and hugged me and then she said "remember, any full moon, if you're under the light for over an hour, you will start to transform. You will feel a sharp pain in your back, once you feel that, you have to get yourself somewhere safe enough to transform. You cannot let anyone know about your identity. People will think of you as a risk to society, so you have to be under wraps at all costs. In the case that someone does find out, you need to make sure that they keep it a secret. You cannot risk this getting out. If you meet someone else with powers, don't trust them. You don't know what group or pack they are from. They could be dangerous. Remember, not all the packs like each other."
I pulled away from the hug and then I responded with "yes mum. I know. I'll be careful." She nodded and then she held my face and she said "I trust you. Just be careful. Make sure you call me when you get there." I nodded and then I replied "I will. But I've gotta hit the road now, especially if I want to avoid traffic. So I'll see you during Christmas break." She nodded and then I got into the car and drove away.

I had just parked my car in the student parking area. I got out, and I removed my suitcases from the trunk. One of my suitcases fell and just as I was about to pick it up, this guy picked it up for me. When he stood up, I was in complete shock. He was one of the cutest boys I had ever seen. I've been to a lot of schools in my time, especially because my mum has to move a lot, and I've never seen anyone quite like him. He was hella tall, like way over six feet, he had brown curls and grey eyes. He looked up at me and then he asked "hey, I don't think I've ever seen you before. Are you new?" I nodded and then I responded with "yeah, today's my first day. I'm supposed to be heading to the main reception. I'm waiting for someone called Harrison. He's supposed to be giving me a tour." He nodded and then he said "well considering the fact that I'm the only Harrison in the year group, it's probably me. I'm supposed to be giving you a tour today." I looked at him and smiled and then I replied "well it's nice to meet you, Harrison. I'm Haven." He looked at me then he said "that's a really beautiful name." I smiled and then I could feel myself blushing. He looked at me then he continued to say "Woah, you have colour-changing eyes. They literally just went white for a couple of seconds." When he said that, I knew I had slipped up. Those are my werewolf eyes. My eyes only turn white when I'm nervous, scared, angry, or in transformation. I knew I was nervous around him. For the first time, I think I have a crush. It was absolutely terrifying. I couldn't control my werewolf instincts. This means whenever I'm around him, my eyes will turn white, and I can't have that, or my identity will be revealed. I looked up at him and then I said "it was probably the light. My eyes are blue." He looked at me and nodded and then he responded with "yeah, you're probably right. But we should get on with the tour. I've got a lot to show you. I nodded and then we grabbed my suitcases and started walking.

Harrison and I were walking through campus. It was so beautiful. The grass was bright green and the flowers were a range of different colours. When we walked inside the main entrance, I saw the gold-plated ceilings, marble floors, and diamond-encrusted chandeliers. The walls were grey bricks and the doors were also gold plated.

We took the elevator up to the dorms, and Harrison walked me to my dorm. When I walked inside, I was shocked to see how unbelievably big it was. I turned around and looked at him and then I asked "is this seriously my dorm?" He nodded and then he responded with "yep. Every single dorm is this big. Not to mention you're one of the lucky students that don't have a roommate. You get this entire dorm to yourself." I looked at him and smiled. Then I took my suitcases from his hand, and I put them on the table in my dorm. He then gave me the keys to my dorm and then he said "now that you've put your stuff down, let's continue with the tour. I'm going to show you the cafeteria, then the classrooms, then the trophy room, and last but certainly not least, the on-campus social hang-out area." I nodded and then I responded with "sounds like a plan." We then went off and continued the tour.