Sixteen

I had just gotten back to school. Christmas break was over. The group was not back together, but we were all discussing what we did for New Years. It wasn't anything too exciting.
This semester, I have one goal, and one goal only. Finding out who killed Sapphire. Everyone has seemed to just forget about the fact that she was murdered. I haven't. I need to do this for Harrison. He needs closure, and he's not going to get that until Sapphire's killer has been put behind bars. I have a list of witches that I have to question, first one being Jessica. There's no way I'm trusting her. Her best friend died, and she literally had nothing to say about it, apart from accusing me of being responsible. She definitely has something to do with it.

It was later on in the day. I was sitting on the rooftop, Carson then came and joined me. I looked at him, and then I asked "do you enjoy being back at school." He smiled, and then he responded with "it's been under a day. But yeah, I'm not happy about it. I don't know if he told you, you being his sister and all, but he dumped me." I looked at him shocked and then I said "shit, I'm so sorry. He didn't mention it. Also, before you say anything, I know that he told you about the whole family thing. I'm not annoyed though. I'm going to tell everyone else, I just need to find the right moment. It's not exactly going be easy to tell people that I'm the principal's dead daughter. That would go down like stale milk." He looked at me and nodded, and then he replied with "tell people when you're ready. Don't feel obligated to tell anyone. Like you said, it's a gigantic boulder, just let people know when you're ready. Your dad's probably going to announce it in assembly today. Probably not in a way that is going to embarrass you, but in a away that's going to make people aware. Because once they see all the special treatment you're getting, they'll start asking questions, and they'll most likely start getting jealous. So to avoid all that, he's probably going to say something about it today." I looked at him and then I said "that's going to be nerve wracking. Everyone's gonna start staring at me. Obviously I understand his reasons, but he could've at least came to me about it first." Myles nodded, and then he replied with "yeah, I get that. We should probably get going though. Assembly is in five minutes." I nodded, and then we both went to assembly.

We were in assembly. I had just sat down next to Harrison. I hadn't seen him since the day he walked into that cafe. We're not bad terms, I spoke to him last week. We've just not seen each other over the Christmas period.
Principal Colstone got up onto the stage. He grabbed his mic, and then he said "good afternoon juniors. I hope all of you have had a restful Christmas break. As we all know, a lot of things have happened during your junior year. Some of you are taking it harder than others. Before I start properly, I just wanted to let y'all know that the exam period starts in March. Study sessions will be on for those who need it. Back to my main point. Unfortunately, as we know, at the beginning of this year, a member of our community was murdered. The police and I have been working day and night, we've been getting evidence, and building a case. The police believe that they have an exact person, they are just waiting on confirmation. This school will not rest, until Sapphire gets justice. She was an amazing person, who was taken from us, way too soon. Onto my next point, as all of you know, this school is named after my daughter Luna. I told all of you that she died at the age of two. That information is false. I lied to all of you about her death, for personal reasons. For that, I would like to apologise. My daughter is alive and well, and in fact, she attends this school. Her middle name is Luna. Her first name is Haven. Haven Colstone. That's her name, and she's my daughter. I want all of you to treat her with the same respect, that you would treat my son Myles with. Any type of inappropriate behaviour towards her, will be sanctioned. I know y'all are probably confused about how it happened, but that's private. If you want to know, and my children are comfortable with telling you, then that's fine. If not, I'm asking all of you to please mind your business. This academic school year is very important. You graduate next year. You guys need to start thinking about colleges, and what you want to do after high school. If you need any help, college open sessions will be available from next week Monday. Due to many situations, I have also decided that I will be putting security cameras in dorm hallways, and outside the school. We are using this as a way to monitor everybody, any suspicious activity will immediately be told to the police. Since there is an ongoing murder investigation, anything that is out of the ordinary will be investigated. I don't want to believe that anyone in this school has hurt Sapphire, but unfortunately, that is the case. You would be doing everyone a favour if you own up now. I don't want to find out that a member of this community is capable of hurting another member of this community. As this assembly comes to a close, going forward, I want all of us to remember our new school motto 'we are all each other's brothers and sisters. So let's treat each other like the family that we are.' Classes will restart tomorrow, for all of you guys who are wondering. Your timetables has changed, and all of you will get an email of your new timetables, tonight. Thank you. You are all dismissed."
And then we all got up, and left the assembly hall.