Twelve

I was the head of the school dance planning committee. Every dance had to go through me, before it got accepted. The former head got fired by principal Colstone, after he saw how well I did the back to school dance. It was a struggle to even get him to do this dance, considering the fact that at the last school dance, one of our own was killed. I still haven't found out anything about who did it, I've got the names of all the riches witches that go to our school though. Which means, as soon as January comes, I'll be on their necks. No one is getting off scott free. I will get justice for Sapphire.
Right now, I was preparing for the winter ball. Dances seem to be a tradition at this school. I'm not complaining though. I love keeping myself busy. The less time I have on my hands, the less time I have to think about my family drama. And I can't lie, I would rather watch paint dry, than deal with the bullshit that is my family.
The ball was on the last night of school, which was tomorrow. For the past week, things have actually been alright. Me and Harrison have been getting along very well. We've not even told anyone else yet. They'll all find out the dance tomorrow. Apart from the fact Myles finding out that I'm his sister, has made him drift further away from me, then yeah, everything's good. It's understandable, he's probably still coming to terms with it. I don't blame him. I think that the best idea is to give him space. Then we can do the brother and sister bonding thing, in January.
The theme of this dance is frozen, like the movie. So the dress code is blue and white. All the girls are in blue dresses, and all the guys are in white tuxedos. Snowflakes, ice sculptures, and a snow machine. I've been in charge of getting all of that prepared. It's hard work, considering the fact that the ice sculpture is delayed, it was supposed to be delivered today, and now it's getting delivered tomorrow morning. Principal Colstone had to come and inspect the work I've been doing. I'm not prepared for that. I haven't spoken to him since he told me the truth about being my father. Neither has Myles. I'm going to try to make amends in January. But it's going to take a lot, before I can finally accept him as my father. This is also going to be the first time that I'm going home, since my mum told me the truth. I didn't even go home for thanksgiving. I wasn't exactly feeling very thankful. I'm not in the Christmas spirit either, but it's required that everyone goes home for Christmas because over the break, the school is going to get deep cleaned. So when we come back, it's going to be a fresh learning environment. If it wasn't for that, I would be allowed to stay and that's what I would've done. I'm not really in the mood to eat roasted turkey with my mum, after she basically kept my dad away from me my entire life. It's going to take a while to forgive any of them, my life would've been so much better, if actually I had a father figure to help me out. I wouldn't have been a newbie witch at sixteen years old, while people like Myles and Jess have been training since they were born. I've learned the basics and I can do reverse spells, but I'm not powerful. They say that hybrids are supposed to be the most powerful species. And I intend to live up to that.

I had woken up the morning of the dance. It was definitely colder than usual. I looked outside my window, to realise that it was snowing. California never usually has snow, so I was very excited to see it. I had just stepped out of dorm and I heading to the bathroom, that's when I heard a voice over the intercom. It was principal Colstone and he said "good morning students, as I'm pretty sure y'all are well aware, there has been unexpected snow storm in the last twenty-four hours. Roads are slippery, and transportation is very slim. This weather is expected to continue for the next four days. Which means, that unfortunately, unless you leave today, you can't go home for Christmas. I know that this has be very shocking news, and it's probably an inconvenience for a lot of people, but to maintain the safety of the students at this school, unless you leave today, you will not be leaving at all. This type of weather is too dangerous to have students wondering around. As a principal, I am taking responsibility. I have let a lot of things slip, in the last couple months. But I'm putting my foot down on this. So for the final time, you either leave today, or you don't leave at all. I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that this will cause, but I wish all of you a very merry Christmas, and I hope to see you all back in
January. Colstone, out." I was absolutely fuming. If everyone had to leave today, that means that no one would be able to come to the dance. The dance that I organised, by myself. The dance that I've put heart and soul into organising. I wasn't going to let this slide.