Three

It was Sunday morning. And I was sitting on the roof of the school. It was the crack of dawn. The sun was basically still waking up. The air was fresh and cool. I could hear birds chirping in the distance, and I could hear the sound of cars driving below. It was very peaceful. I had never spent a night away from home before. It was a weird feeling to wake up and know that your mum wasn't in the other room. Boarding school was very different from how I expected it. It's not exactly bad, it's just different. I couldn't just go home whenever I felt like it, the drive from here to my mum's house is two and a half hours. I would only get to leave on weekends, which I guess I could do, but I couldn't get the full boarding school experience if I keep going home every weekend. I had to stay, to know what it's like to actually be here. This was my idea and I can't back out. This is the only way I can actually make friends and have a life, without my mum's job getting in the way of that. I obviously know that it's not her fault, but I'm really glad to know that I'm in a place that I can finally call home.

While I was sitting there, I heard the door open. I turned around, and it was Myles. He looked at me and then he said "sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you. I come up here every morning, and there's usually never anyone there." I looked at him and I replied "I'll leave if you want. This was your place first." He looked at me then and he sat next to me on the roof. He turned to face me and then he said "don't be silly, sweetheart. This is as much your place as it is anyone else's. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I looked at him and then I responded with "thank you. I'm curious though, you and Jess seem very close. Is she your girlfriend?" He looked at me shocked and then he said "oh god no. I'm gay. Jessica is my adopted sister though. Her parents died when she was seven, so my dad adopted her. My sister died when I was two. We would've been the same age because my dad got my mum and another woman pregnant, at the same time. She didn't survive though, so when he had the chance to have another kid, he took it. Jess has been through a lot in her life. So if she's a bitch, excuse her." I nodded and then I asked, "your dad is the principal, right?" He nodded and then I continued to say "I have a meeting with him in ten minutes. We've not met, since I arrived yesterday." Myles looked at me and then he said "you'll like him. I'm not even being biased. He's a really chilled person. His daughter meant the world to him though. When he became principal, he changed the name of the school from Ocean Coast to Luna Coast. His daughter was called Luna." I looked at him and smiled and then I replied with "my middle name is Luna. I never met my dad though. He watched my mum give birth, he helped name me, and then, he was never seen again." Myles looked at me and then he responded with "I know it's hard. You'll get through it though. You seem like a very strong girl. But you should get going, your meeting is now in five minutes." I smiled and then I said "thank you. I guess I'll catch you later." He nodded and then he responded with "will do." And then I got up and went downstairs.

I had just arrived at the principal's office. He let me in, and then we sat down in our chairs. He looked at me and then said "you must be Haven. It's a pleasure meeting you. My name is principal Colstone. Welcome to Luna Coast Boarding School. How are you finding it so far?" I looked at him and then I responded with "it's really good so far. I met your son Myles, and your daughter Jessica. Not to mention, Harrison was very nice during the tour yesterday." He looked at me and then he replied "excellent. I'm very glad everyone was so nice. I want to go over a couple of details with you before we start properly. Is that okay?" I nodded and then he continued to say "great. Okay, so after looking at your records, your full name is Haven Luna Ashford, you are sixteen years old, your birthday is June 29th, and you were originally born here, in California. Is that correct?" I nodded and then he said "you have the same middle name and birthday as my daughter. She died a really long time ago. You remind me of her." I looked at him and then I responded with "yeah, Myles told me what happened. I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure Luna was a beautiful young girl." He nodded and then he replied "thank you. Your mother is Marie Ashford. Correct?" I nodded and then he said "we're close acquaintances. We used to know each other quite a while ago. That's why when she signed up here, I immediately gave you a place. Your mother was a very good person. I messed up my friendship with her and that's on me. I still really care about her though." I looked at him and then I responded with "my mum mentioned that she knew you. She didn't say much about it. I really like this school, I think it's a place that I can call home." He nodded and then he said "that's very good. I have to tell you about some of the unwritten rules we have here though. The first one is, that no one is allowed on the roof on October 1st. Don't question why. It's best you don't know. The second rule is, if you have a problem with anyone in your year, you're going to need to fix it yourself. This school does not have time to be a friendship or relationship councillor, for your teenage problems. The third and final rule is, that females and males cannot mix after midnight. I don't even know why this is unwritten. It should be a written rule. I've had quite a few baby-related accidents, in my time." I nodded and then I responded with "will do." He looked at me and then he said "perfect. You're dismissed." And then I got up and left the office.

I had just woken up. I went straight back to bed as soon as the meeting had finished. I checked the time and I realised that I'd basically been asleep the entire day, it was 6 pm. I turned around and I saw Harrison sitting there, eating tacos. My heart literally jumped out of my chest and I flew myself halfway across my bed. I felt my eyes turn white, and that's when Harrison said "breath. Haven, breath." I listened and then I took a deep breath and I asked "what the hell are you doing in my dorm?" He looked at me and then he responded with "the group and I went to get tacos. We were going to invite you, but I saw how peacefully you were sleeping, and I didn't want to wake you up. I brought you a spicy meat taco though." I looked at him and smiled and then I said "well, the fact you brought me something, makes up for the fact that you almost put me in cardiac arrest. Thank you. But I have to ask, how did you know that I liked spicy meat tacos?" He laughed and then he replied, "I like to call it, wolf to wolf intuition." I looked at him and then I said "the next full moon is coming up soon. My sixteenth birthday fell under a full moon. It was two months. 29th of June. That was also my first transformation, and hopefully my last. That's shits painful as fuck." He nodded and then he responded with "my mum transformed every full moon for a year straight. So if there was ever a time when she had to transform by force or because of a valid reason, it wouldn't be painful. Even if you avoid next week's full moon, you won't always be able to avoid it. The time is going to come when you're going to need to transform. I've been transforming since May since that's when I turned sixteen. I know it's painful, but please, next full moon, transform with me. We can run into the forest together, it's going to be so much easier with someone else." I nodded and then I said "not gonna lie, I shouldn't be saying yes. But I would love to transform with someone by my side. Sure let's do it." He smiled and then he replied "thank you, I appreciate it. Now, eat your spicy meat taco." And then the two of us sat there, eating our tacos.
Harrison was such a nice person. Even though I liked him, in general, he's just an amazing person to be around. He probably knew that I liked him though, considering the fact that my eyes always turn white around him. It's kinda obvious. Wish he liked me back, but it's very obvious that he's still hung up over Jessica. Their relationship clearly has some unsolved issues. And until he deals with that, I don't want to put myself in the middle of that situation. So I'm going to wait until he solves his personal problems and then maybe, I might try to pursue a relationship with him. I guess we'll see what the future holds though.

I was in the girls' bathroom, getting ready for bed. Jessica then walked in and she started getting ready for bed as well. She then looked at me and she asked "so you and Harrison have been really close. You only arrived yesterday, and you're closer to him now than I've ever been. What's your deal, Haven?" I rolled my eyes and then I responded with "why does it matter to you? You're so horrible to him because he made a mistake. I may not know what happened, but what you said to him yesterday, was out of line. We just have a lot in common. Maybe next time, treat him with respect and you might get to keep him." She laughed and then she asked "do you know who the hell you're talking to like that?" I nodded and then I replied with "yeah, an arrogant twat who uses her past traumas as an excuse to be a bitch to people. You may be able to do that with everyone else, but not with me. I'm not afraid of you, Jessica. Never have been, never will be." She walked closer to me to try and seem intimidating. She realised it wasn't doing anything, so she stepped back and she said "I've got skills, skills that your little brain cannot even begin to comprehend. You will regret messing with me." I laughed and then I responded with "I've got a lot of tricks up my sleeve. More than you will ever know. I guess we can call this, a fair fight. She looked at me and then she said "game on, Haven." I nodded and then I replied, "you bet it, Jessica." She then gave me a death look and walked out of the bathroom.

Something about Jessica was always off to me. I could never put my finger on what it was though. She gave the same vibe that Myles did. It's like some type of magical vibe. They are one hundred percent, not werewolves. I'm not getting a werewolf vibe. They could be witches, but I don't know what a witch vibe feels like. All I know is that Myles and Jessica are supernatural like me and Harrison. I just don't know what breed they are. Until I find out, I have to keep an eye on them.