Twenty One

After speaking to Carson, he told me that he was also a werewolf. He told me that he didn't want anyone to know that, because he just prefers to keep that side of him private, which is fair enough. I don't have a problem with that at all. He also told me that's the reason why Myles broke up with him, even though Myles is friends with werewolves, he never wanted to date one. So it makes sense why they broke up.

  Three months later...

Over the last three months, we've not said anything to Jessica, about the fact that we know that she killed Saphy. we told Harrison, and we told him to keep it to himself right now.  Me, Miles, Naomi, and Harrison are the only four people that know. We haven't even told my dad yet. We're waiting for the right moment, and then we're going to confront Jessica about it once and for all. We want to hear her side of the story before we decide what we're going to do. It's the final week of school, we break up for summer break at the end of the week, and we have junior prom in three days. As everybody knows, I am head of the dance planning committee, and I have decided to go with a colour splash for this year's prom theme. Everything is going to be multicoloured and rainbows. I figured after having such a dull year, we need some brightness to lighten up our moods. We are about to be seniors, we should definitely be excited. I know I am. I'm excited to finally put the drama of this year behind us, and focus on my studies and going to college. I was thinking I wanted to go to the University of Iowa. They have an amazing creative writing program, and since I want to be a writer, I think it would be an amazing opportunity for me to go there. if I don't end up doing the writing, I want to end up being a dancer, I will probably go to a creative arts school for that. I have a lot to do this week, I need to find time to confront Jessica, tell my dad, plan the dance, and pack up all my stuff to go to Australia. Not to mention, we still need to decide what we're going to do about Jessica after she finally confesses to us because she can't go off scot-free. She still killed somebody, whether it was an accident or not. Someone's blood is on her hands, she is still responsible for her death, and on top of that, she lied about it for almost an entire year. If it wasn't for this video, we still wouldn't have known. The worst part is, she tried to let me take the blame for it. She better have a good explanation for this. All I know is that we can't turn this video into the police, because it shows Jessica doing magic. If we take this to the police, we will expose our secrets, and then the supernatural community will be at risk. People will come hunting for us, we are killed the same way as humans, all they need to do a shoot us. And they will not hesitate if it means that they get a world without supernatural species.
Jessica needs to pay for what she did, there is no denying that. She can't just take an innocent person's life and get off without any consequences. Something needs to happen, whether she gets expelled or something like that, but she needs to have some type of consequence. Sapphire didn't deserve what happened to her. At least her death would finally be avenged, we would've finally gotten justice. She will finally be at peace, and she will live peacefully in the supernatural afterlife, and then one day, when it's all our turn, we will see her again. Until then, Jessica needs to be punished.

Jessica was on the rooftop when I got there. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to confront her. I went up to her, and I asked "hey Jess, I'm just curious to know, why did you leave your dorm room in a pink frill dress, but then you showed up to the dance in a purple one?" She looked at me in complete shock, and then she responded with "there's no way you could know that. No one saw me in that pink frill dress, except...." I interrupted her by saying "Sapphire? Do you mean except Sapphire? Because you were wearing that dress when you killed her. Your 'Saphy baby wasn't supposed to die on you.' Was she? You know she wasn't, you know that you pushed because you were pissed off. You thought she was acting hurt, no she wasn't. She was dead. You were distraught, you cast a spell to see whether you would be able to feel her heartbeat, when you didn't, you realised what you had done. You then started to hear noises, so you cast an invisibility spell, and you left. You didn't want any evidence to trace back to you. So you made your pink frill dress invisible, and then you wore your purple one to the dance as if nothing happened. And Sapphire was left by dumpsters, with blood pooling out of her head. What were you doing during that time? Drinking punch. Forgetting that you just murdered your best friend." Jessica tried to run off the rooftop, and that's when I said "el ta la, lo com ada." She was suddenly stuck to the floor. She looked at me, and then she asked "how the hell did you find out? Why can't I move? What spell was that?" I smiled, and then I responded with "it was a simple stick spell. You're now glued to that position until further notice. Don't even try to reverse the spell. It's impossible to reverse the spell of a hybrid. Not even Myles can do it, and he's my brother. How I found out, on the other hand, I did that with the camera. If you didn't want it to be revealed, then you should've used a stronger spell. 'Auto tama el cama.' Really? You're a smart girl Jess, and that's the strongest wipe spell that you have? It's kinda shameful." Just then, Harrison walked in holding spell prevention handcuffs. If any witch touches these handcuffs, their power is automatically drained for seventy-two hours.
I decided to forgive Harrison, I'm still not okay with the fact that he killed someone, but Jessica also killed one of his family members, so I guess that makes them even. Harrison put the handcuffs on Jessica, and I reversed my stick spell. Now that the handcuffs were on Jess, she would not be able to do magic for the next three days. Which is more than enough time for her to confess, not to mention, enough time for us to find a suitable punishment that does not involve us exposing the entire supernatural community.

We took Jessica to my dad's office. The entire group was there. She sat down, and then principal Colstone asked "is there anything you want to tell me?" She took a deep breath, and then she said "I killed Sapphire. I was supposed to be joking around with her, and she said something that really pissed me off. I used magic to push her, thinking that it would've been a joke, but I didn't realise how hard I actually pushed her, and then she fell to the floor. I thought that she was joking, I thought that she was just trying to make me feel bad, but then when I did the spell to check her heartbeat, I realised that she didn't have one, and then it came to me. It came to me, that I actually killed her, I actually killed my best friend. And I... I was in pieces, I had no clue what to do. I didn't know what to say or how to react, so I just left. I cast an invisibility spell on myself, and then I left. Yes, I've been lying about it for almost a year, and yes I was going to let Haven take the blame for it. But how do you go up to someone and tell them, that you killed your best friend by accident? There's no easy way to say that. Her death was named a homicide, which means it's murder. I murdered her, it wasn't on purpose, but I still did it. Nothing I say or do is going to change that. I feel so shit about it, I feel like the shittiest person ever. No one understands how much this eats me on the inside. No one understands how I struggle to sleep at night, I don't think anyone understands that I couldn't even step foot in a dumpster since it happened. I don't want to remember that I did that to her. Sapphire and I were supposed to tour around New York, this summer. That was always our plan, and we can't even do that anymore. But my mom already booked the plane ticket, so now I have to go to New York on my own, knowing that my best friend isn't there with me, because I killed her. So before any of you say anything, I'm feeling sick knowing how much of a horrible person I am. Most of you have known me since elementary school. Am I mean? yes. But I would never, ever, hurt the people that I care about. That's the truth." Principal Colstone nodded, and then he responded with "Jessica, you killed a member of your community. I believe you when you say it was an accident, but the point is, you still did it. A family is grieving right now because of you, now I would be turning this in to the police, but unfortunately, you did magic in the video. So I can't turn it in, otherwise, I risk exposing the whole supernatural community. So no, you will not be going to jail. However, you still do need to get punished, I've called your mum and she has been informed of the situation. I suggest you pack your bags and say your goodbyes because today is your last day here. Jessica Heron, you are expelled. Effective immediately." She nodded, and then she replied by saying "I understand." Harrison took the handcuffs off her, and she left the room.

There's this feeling of relief, when something that you have been working so hard to get, finally comes to light. We've spent almost a year trying to find out who killed Sapphire, and just three months ago, we found out that it was Jessica. We were waiting for the right time to confront her about it, and we finally found it. She does not deserve to graduate as juniors with us. She will not be coming to junior prom, and her time at the school is over. It's a shame that she didn't get to rot in jail like she was supposed to. But at least she's gone, at least we will never have to look at her face again, at least Sapphire has been avenged. We got justice for Saphy, like we were supposed to, and we got closure for ourselves. We now know that Sapphire is finally going to be at peace and that she will live peacefully and happily in the supernatural afterlife. We know that she would no longer be waiting for the day, that we finally get rid of her killer. we owe her the world, and we are going to give that to her. We had to find her killer, we had to do it for her. She deserved to be avenged, she was too much of a good person to not end up getting justice. Justice for Sapphire, that's what we wanted, and that's what we got. Justice. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

It was junior prom, all of us were happy, and all of us were celebrating. Sapphire's death had finally been avenged, me and Harrison were together, Myles and Carson got back together, and everything was the way it should've been. Five friends, some supernatural, some not. Just enjoying life like we're supposed to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm so prepared for senior year, we're going to leave all of junior year's problems, in the past. We're going to be focusing on the future. I guess that's what it's like being a supernatural in today's society, it's a rollercoaster, but it's a rollercoaster I'm very happy that I went on because, without it, I wouldn't have found myself. So I'm very happy things turned out the way they did, because, in the end, we all got our happy ending.