Thirty Six

Naruko leaves her room and locks the door shut. Looking out the window to the peaceful midday land, she released a sigh of bottled up stress. Her and Kakashi has been avoiding each other for the past two weeks and she knew it was time for them to move past what happened, she did not want to lose whatever closeness she has left with the man.

She went outside to look for Kakashi, and found him fighting against his clone on top of the lake, both were shirtless, displaying their ripped form.

Blushing, the blonde turned her head away, instead looking up at the clear blue sky and saw a crow. Her eyes widened when the crow stopped flying and began to plummet to the ground. She ran to catch it and her heart dropped when she felt no chakra from the bird. "No" Naruko whispered as she jolted the bird in her hand silently praying for it to wake up. "No!" Naruko shouted, her gut dropping and heart clenching. She let out a shrill scream that could be heard travelling for miles.

She bit her thumb, summoning a toad. "Where is he?!" She demanded, not caring that she startled the toad or that it flinched away from her powerful gaze.

"The old Uchiha hideout, Itachi-san has very little time left" The toad assigned to Itachi replied and disappeared when the blonde roared in anger.

"Let go of me, Kakashi!" Naruko screamed when she felt his strong arms hold her down. Stopping her from getting to Itachi. "I need to get to him! Let me go!" She pleaded desperately. She needed to get to him.

"Naruko," Kakashi whispered gently into her ear. "Is this not what Itachi wants? Don't fight it, Naruko." Kakashi tightened his grip when she slumped in his arms. His eye widening in shock when she looked up to him unmasked. Her blue eyes filled with loss and vulnerability. Gone was the strong confident girl and now replaced was a desperate, scared grieving woman in his arms.

"Please" she begged. "Please let me go to him, I'm begging you" tears were glistening in her beautiful blue eyes. "Please let me go to him" Naru felt his arms give away and she hugged him in thanks. "Thank you" she whispered, kissing his cheek before running to the direction of her other love.

Kakashi stood in place. Gazing to where Naruko disappeared with a frown to his face. The way she spoke of Itachi left him unsettled and anxious. He ignored his beast scolding him and turned back to training to distract himself from the blonde woman.

**

Naruko never ran so fast in her life, she had to get to him before he left her for good. She had to say good bye and the tears staining her vision wasn't going to prevent her from reaching him. She felt the powerful chakra of Itachi and Sasuke up ahead, fighting one another, and pushed herself harder.

Her eyes snapped open even wider, if that was possible, when she felt their chakra die down. The blonde flung herself pass the trees and onto the destroyed hideout. She saw the two Uchiha lying on the ground. "You idiot brothers" she whispered, dropping to her knees. She gathered both men in her arms, placing their heads on either of her lap.

Waving her chakra chains around the hideout, effectively trapping them within the barrier.  Naruko whimpered when she touched Itachi's bloodied face. "Why?" She whispered, kissing his forehead lovingly.

"I did what was needed, forgive me Kit" Itachi shakily raised a hand, reaching for her face, smiling when she latched on and attached his cold hand to her cheek. "I don't want you to go" she muttered painfully, as tears dripped into his face. "Don't leave me, please"

"Naruko....hime" he coughed painfully. "Sasuke, now knows the truth about the Uchiha massacre" he admitted. "My poor little brother was in such a shock, combined with over exhaustion, he fainted"

Naru snorted, placing a hand on Sasuke's cheek.

"Naru-hime, I have a selfish request. Take my eyes and give them to Sasuke, he will go sick and blind without them"

"Always the protective brother" Naruko sighed. "Take care of yourself Naruko,and marry the man you love. Be happy, as you should be happy, you deserve happiness my Naruko-hime and as painful as it is I cannot be that man" Itachi smiled. "I wish, I really, very wish I could marry you, but I can't. I'm not the man the Gods want for you"

Naru leant her face closer to Itachi's, as his voice grew weaker and weaker. "I...love you, my hime, always have...always will" and she pressed her lips against his, kissing him good bye as his body went limp in her arms.

"Sweet dreams, brave knight" she whispered, pulling away. Naruko let out a mournful scream when she felt his chakra fade out, though no sound left her barrier.

She flinched when she felt a hand on her face. Looking down she saw Sasuke half conscious. Naruko bit her lip hard, it started to bleed, she pulled Sasuke's body closer and hugged him like her life depended on him, sobbing her heart out as he sobbed with her.

Naru took Itachi's eyes, and Sasuke burned his body. The two watched his body turn to ash. Whispering prayers to his departing spirit.

"I suppose I owe you a long explanation?" Naruko whispered to her best friend. "Maybe after...after I get some rest" was all the raven said before collapsing in her arms.

Naru stroked his hair gently, as she hummed her lullaby to him. Sasuke now knew the truth of the Uchiha massacre, Itachi was dead, and now she was at lost with what to do. Naruko released her chains, just in time as Sakura and two unknown jounins arrived.

She let Sakura take Sasuke to heal him, as one of the unknown jounin interrogated her. She held out a vial, containing Itachi's eyes.  "Sasuke will go blind without them, disabling the sharingan he has. We've burned all traces of the fight, along with Itachi's body" she explained briefly.

Yamato took the eyes and regarded the hardened shinobi before him. "You blocked off access to the site."

"There were important Uchiha secrets in the hideout. Best they're long gone than to end up in enemy hands. The fight brought quite a large crowd of scavengers though they'll find nothing." She saw the distrust in his eyes and added on, "I have eyes everywhere, Yamato-san. Jiraiya-sama is my Master." With those words, Naruko saw his distrust fade. "When the implant happens, Sasuke will have a much more powerful sharingan. It will be as powerful as Madara's eyes. He will need to be monitored."

"You know a lot about the Uchiha, Naruko." Yamato commented as she turned to leave.

Naruko looked over her shoulder and said with cold eyes, "Of course. I am to marry one." Before disappearing into the trees and back home.