Nineteen

I wanted to say good bye
Believe me when I say I tried
I wanted to forget the past
But forgetting is never easy alas
I wanted to move forward
I wanted to go onward
But every step I make you hold me back everyday

I wanted to love you
But I lost you to her
I wanted to cherish you
But you cherished her
I wanted to be with you
But you left me behind too

I wanted to show you I care for you
But you locked yourself away
I wanted you to lean on me
But you sent me away ignoring my dismay

I wanted you to need me as much as I needed you
But you never spared me glance
Yet you always noticed the other two

I loved you but you never loved me
I wanted you but you did not want me

When will I see the day
That you will say:

"We are meant to be"

Poem: I wanted
Written by: me

Naruko to Kakashi.....

**One week later

"Naruko, I brought you some flowers that were growing by the lake" Pakkun voiced as he entered through the door with Kakashi behind him. He easily spotted the blond at her desk writting with glasses perched on her nose. It appeared her eyes hurt if they were too focused. Though when he gained her curious blue eyes he added on: "That's what Kakashi told me to say, he was the one who picked them"

Kakashi blushed behind his mask as he glared at his ninken that leapt onto his carer's lap, handing over the flowers he tucked into Pakkun's collar.

Naruko looked at the flowers in confusion, then at Kakashi. "They're wonderful Kakashi...." "But why did you get them for me?" she conversed with herself.

Kakashi cleared his throat nervously as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Maah, well I guess it's a thank you for helping me this week. I appreciate your work a lot.....helping me that is...I mean, you've worked so hard and I wasn't sure how to show my gratitude yet when I saw those lilies I just...." eyes widening in shock when he heard Naruko laugh.....at him.

His shoulders slumped. "Are you laughing at me....Naruko?"

The blond he questions held up her hand as if surrendering. "No way Kakashi! I just never thought you were capable of being cute, that's all"

Standing up as Pakkun leap off from her lap and went to put the flowers in a vase with cold water. Looking at Kakashi as she did so. "Right now I don't need gratitude. I'm happy as I am now that you're progressing faster then before"

Kakashi felt his muscles flex in anticipation. Looking at the woman he loves with hopeful eyes(or eye). "Does that mean I get to train again?!" he asked excitedly as the blond has forbade him from doing any strenuous work on his body and thretenned to hold off the training even further if he so much as did a push up.

So the last Hatake waited as patiently as he could so he could condition his body again as he felt his muscles beginning to soften.

The bright grin he recieved from his beautiful mate gave him his answer.

"We start at dawn Kakashi" Naruko supplied as she placed the flowers on the kitchen island. Feeling his presence behind her as she turned around with her smile still in place. A bit unnerved that he was closer to her face then necessary.

Kakashi had to bite the inside of his cheek at the last second. Stopping himself from giving into his natural desire to kiss her. It was just so tempting when she smiled at him like that. His body just moved on its own as his heart whispered for him to kiss her in thanks.

Luckily he managed to hold back. As explaining to the blond why he had kissed her would've been something else to explain and taking advantage of her kind heart would definitely make him feel guilty.

Kakashi's thought was "This is going to be harder then I anticipated" feeling his pants tighten once more.