6 | Backfiring party crashing

Skye

Flashing neon lights hit my face and music with a heavy bass is vibrating through my body. It's so loud I can barely hear myself think. There are people everywhere, well not just people - real important people. I swear to god I saw Miley Cyrus a minute ago! And wait a minute was that.. No.. Harry Styles! Fuck! That's Ed Sheehan! Swifty! I feel like I am in wonderland. I am dead or something? Have my dreams come true? Remind me to buy Rhys something expensive. This... how could this place even exist? How had I ended up here? Damn I love Rhys. The house - more like mansion - is huge and modern, but yet elegant. Everything is made out of glass and stainless steel, though the floors are - yep - mahogany. I feel - for like the thousands time today - like a six year old, this time in a candy shop. I am standing in the outskirts of a big room - the living room I presume - it's one of those room here you can look directly up stair, where people are standing by a railing with drinks, yammering with each other. By people I meant celebrities of course. Did I mention that? Am I allowed to be here? Yes? No..? Where did Rhys go?

"Dips on Scarlet Johansson," Patrick says, I huff at the conceited statement and look to my left where he is standing inspecting the crowed in the middle. Everyone is dancing, closely and very intensely. They seem like a bunch of monkeys in heat. Which I realise they kind of are. Patrick seems to be looking every person in the room up and down as if to acquire his target.

"Be my guest," I answer though I doubt he hears me, the music is very loud, "can you see J?!" I ask a little louder, but as I turn to my side Patrick is already gone. Thanks a lot man.

I decide to search the crowd looking for a familiar blob of golden locks, problem with that is - there are a lot of golden locks. I walk towards the bar where the bartender is mixing the drinks, he is tall and African American -and very attractive.

"Hey!" I shout at him, trying to get his attention of off... aaah yeah that's it. I out of famous people, have no idea who this person is, but I'm sure she is important, "have you seen a guy with long blond hair?" I yell at the hot broad shouldered bartender.

"What's his name?" the bartender rumbles back, his voice so deep it's almost the same tone as the bass in the music. I decide, he probably wants Jamie's full name, after all this is a mansion full of celebs and he us the bloody bartender. This man probably knew IMDB inside out, "Jamie Campbell Bower!"

"Oh, him! I saw him dancing with Ashley Greene a moment ago, I don't know where he is now." He shouts at me, confirming the fact that he probably knows the name of every famous person alive.

"Thank you," I turn towards the dancing crowed. Jamie had asked me to meet him here, this is weird. Okay, actually Eve had asked me to, but the message got to me - so where is the goof ball? I might as well just spring head in. I unhook myself from the bar and sway from side to side, hitting the dance floor. People are dancing and jumping in ecstasy around me. I try to follow the beat (there is less chance of getting knocked around like a ragdoll if you do) while still looking around for Jamie.

"Hey?!" I exclaim as I pull at a tall person with blond hair, but the person who turns wasn't Jamie, though he looks familiar like everybody else in the room. "Sorry, wrong person." I shout, the music probably swallows my words anyway. The guy sends me a 'confirmed' smile and turns back to the girl he was dry humping on the middle of the dance floor. I search for ages. How many people can be dancing at the same time? How big is this dance floor? Better question. How big is this house? Did this Natalie Dormer have this much money?! Fame really paid off it seemed.

Then as if dropped out of the sky he is there. Jamie. I can tell simply by the way he twist his body to the sound of the music. His back is turned towards me and he is far from where I am standing. I start forward calling out his name over the music, though no one, not even Jamie register it. Then as I get closer dodging in and out between the bouncing mop of people, Jamie turns in the heat of the dance. His eyes are half lidded as he watches the woman dancing in front of him with a hungry look on his face. I feel as if my stomach turns inside out and I need to throw up. He does not usually look that way... he doesn't look at women like that. I have without noticing it stopped in my track. I stare at him, feeling that my legs are columns in a cathedral, instead of limbs with joints that can bend and that way makes me able to walk. He eyes go lazily upwards as if sensing my eyes on him, watching his every move. They're dancing closely, sensually, like I have never even existed. I hadn't noticed her before, but then he had swung them around so she wasn't shielded by his body. Something is wrong. I have no idea who she is. Shot hair, brunette, about my height, that's about all I can tell from looking at her back.