27 | Fleeing the country

Dedicated to @Cryslilith for putting me back on track! Thank you!

Skye

"What are you doing here?" I ask in a little too high pitched voice. I may or may not be going out of my mind. First of all; what the bloody fuck is he doing here? Second of all; what does he exactly think, he is doing, pulling a stunt like this?

I am on the edge of my seat, just itching to know. Last I saw this man he told me he didn't actually like my mother, but eh he didn't mind me as much. What am I supposed to say? Thanks dad? I think not...

He had told me he'd give me time to adjust, and that I could call him if I ever had it in my stone cold heart to forgive him. I'd just like to ask; what the hell happened to that plan? All he is, was a shot of sticky sperm.

"I came here to see you sugar hoops." Sugar hoops? What?

I can't do it. I can't act along with whatever he'd arranged. I just can't. Pretending to be some sweet girl from the suburbs, when I am really not, is nothing I am striving for.

"Excuse me, but what?" my tone of voice is changed so dramatically, the goofy atmosphere in the room turns to shock. Disbelief and loathing fills my sight and tone. My father is staring at me, his eyebrows in his hair. Almost.

"What's wrong, baby bear." he coos.

"Cut the crap, Cole." huh that rimes... that is what you call assonance.. I think... "We both know this isn't exactly our first meet up." I sound bored to my own ears, like I am tired of it all. I am.

"What are you talking about, my dear?" he tries to put his hand on my cheek, but I swap it away with a hard precise blow. His hand falls to his side.

"Enough!" I turn to Ellen, who is still standing behind me, "Okay listen. This man.." I point to Cole behind me, "while he is my father.. I think.. He could be an imposer for all I know. But I actually met him a couple weeks ago and he told me I was a sorry mistake on his part." I pause, gathering myself, listening to the roar of silence. I know for a fact, that it's live broadcasting, so they're getting everything. "I have no intentions of getting to know him, not for anyone else's pleasure but my own. And being abandoned by someone who calls themselves your father, well.. That isn't exactly going to make you all fuzzy inside, now is it?"

Ellen is staring at me with blue wide eyes, it doesn't seem like she is going to say anything. So I turn to the camera.

"So let me clear things up. Firstly, while this man is my father, don't try to contact him for scoops on me, he knows nothing of me or my life. If you call him, I'd be just the same as calling the store manager at home depot.

Secondly, on a totally different note, I did not kiss Tom Hiddleston! For the love of sweet baby Jesus, he kissed me and we're fine now, it didn't work. He for one is 10 or 11 years older than me, and for another he is more of a friend sort of material. Got it?" I sigh and turn to Ellen again, "I am honoured to have been on your show, but if you ever agree to pull a stunt like this again. That'd be the end of it. Now excuse me, I have a Christmas to celebrate."

Then I grasp Jamie's hand, tugging him with me to the parking lot where we quickly get in the jeep we borrowed from Godfray, but we're stopped by a voice.

"Scarlett, wait!"

I turn it's my "father" running after us. It seems that he has abandoned his herd of loyal puppets. I take the foot back which had been in the car back and stand to face him. Jamie is already in the car, peering out from the passenger's seat.