26 | P.R.

A/N:

If you like The mortal instruments go read my new fanfiction, child of the devil's fey!

this chapter is longer than usual. I am not that proud of this chapter, but I just can't to be happy with anything I am writing at the moment so it must be the writer's block, doing a reappearance.

also contains stupid. just a heads up.

Skye

I stand waiting anxiously at the gate, peering over the shoulders of much taller individuals in front of me. My eyes are desperately searching the crow, searching for a blob of blond tousled hair and burning blue eyes. Jamie.

He's supposed to be arriving now, Monday the 22 December at 11.35 PM. It is 11.40 and I haven't seen any blond blob's which is in any way close to Jamie's.

"Looking for me?" I while around facing the familiar voice behind me. I don't even get to fully register that it is actually him, before I hear the flop of baggage being slumped on the floor and his arms engulfs me tightly.

His scent hits me like a wave, instantly putting my sense in edge, my skin tingles where his skin touches mine. The effect his presence has an embarrassing effect, but I can't help it. Or that's what I am trying to tell myself, as my cheeks suddenly flush. I hug him back just as tightly as he is hugging me, standing on my tiptoes, my arms around his neck. I feel my feet leave the ground as he stand up in his full height. After a couple seconds he releases me but we're still embraced closely in each other's arms.

"You're blushing?" he asks in bafflement stroking his warm thumb over my hot red cheek. "You don't usually do that?" this is half a statement, half a question.

"Just shut it and kiss me," I mutter and he huffs, smiling as he plants a kiss on my lips which quickly must have become a little too passionate for the onlookers. I don't care.

Reluctantly we our lips detach, after we have for sure reached the time limit for public smooching. Then suddenly I feel it, that presses in between my shoulder blades, where I simply know, someone is watching us, someone other than uncomfortable by-passers. Paparazzi's, the madness have started, though Jamie seems unfazed by it. I shake, trying to make the feeling disappear. It doesn't.

"You look happy," I state, regarding at the cheeky grin Jamie is shooting me. I can't help but smiling just as cheekily back at him. I must be in love... Fuck...

"I am," he says in a hushed voice only meant for me. "You're here and my brother is going to be alright." His hand travels to my jaw where he cups it in his hand, placing his thumb sensually over my lips, pressing slightly in, gliding it down. The ripples of erotic tension vibrate through my body, leaving me speechless. I wish we're alone, so I could act on the bold images in my head. "I couldn't be happier." he concludes.

Then he places another kiss on me lips and my cheeks turn - if possible - even more crimson. His power over my body is embarrassing. I am not one to blush. But it seems Jamie is the only one who simply draws out the rosy cheeks.

"We should get going," I mumble as he finally releases me. I have no say in the matter, I am glued to his lips for as long as he wishes it. When have it come to this? I a mess! Man up! No, woman up, Skye! Be your own wind-bearer or whatever Rachel said in that episode of friends you watched before you left for the airport. Did that even apply to this situation? I don't know... The lovy - dovy - ness of it all must be going to my head. "It's late."

He nods, "Yeah, brilliant idea." Slowly we detach from each other, and Jamie picks up his bag with one hand, strapping it over his shoulder, before entwining his other hand with mine. Then we head out to the car and drive home. We didn't talk about my father showing up or how it felt to have your brother almost die several times over a weekend. It was late and the gloomy subjects could wait for now.