13 | Unpetrified

Skye

Jamie's lips are resting feather light upon mine. I honestly have no idea how to react. Whether to hit him hard across the face and yell, till all the veins in my forehead pops and I pass out, or if I should simply kiss him back. My body knows what it wants. Him and his body against mine all bloody night. My heart is aching to trust him, to feel whole again. But my brain is scream at me to push him away and make him pay, to make him hurt like I did, to break him. But then the stupid words from the woman come up again, "The kind of love I see in his eyes doesn't deserve to die." And still the questions remains, what should I do? Should I take her advice? Or should I go against it? After all she wasn't the one being cheated on. Due to this inner state of constant confusion and indecisiveness I did nothing. I simply remained petrified. Feeling his soft lips on my, and the oddness of contradicting emotions correlating in my body.

The car is silent. The others are looking away, as if they are not supposed to be here. They're either looking out the window or down into their lap. I register the radio being turned up, just as Jamie releases my lips, his breath hot, sweet and slightly chocolaty against mine lips. I try to swallow the lump forming in my throat. I view wanders; I am unable to look at him or anything/anyone else for that matter.

"Skye..." Jamie whispers, the music becomes turned up even further. Out of the corner of my eye I see almost everyone putting headphone on, giving Jamie and me a sense of privacy. "Skye I'm dying here... I know there is absolutely nothing I can say to make it all well again, but will you please give me another chance?" He raises his hand and caresses the line of my jaw gently, then wraps his hands around the crock of my neck, caressing it softly. I look at his blue eyes again, and immediately the magnetic field intensify by a thousand. The pure physical draw towards him is almost unbearable. I pick myself up mentally, withstanding it. I won't give in. I am a civilised human being, not a wild hormonal beast!

"Give me a reason." I respond, his smell engulfing me. He smells like spearmint chewing gum, chocolate and sweat, dirt, people and life in general. He smells real, not like a fairytale prince made up by teenage girls. Under all the decipherable smells is the smell of pure Jamie. A smell which is indescribable, asking me to describe that is like asking someone to describe the colour of the wind, or to explain string theory. Almost - if not totally - impossible.

"Because I love you, that's why." He blue eyes search my face, and lock with my own boring moss green pupils, "I can't bear not being with you. I love you so much it hurt, I-" his voice dims as he talks, until it in the end just ebbs out.

"I don't understand that... what you did, it's too,-"

"I know! I know what I did, and I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. It's the biggest mistake of my life. You can make me do anything, say anything! Make me swear anything. Just please... Please, give me another chance..." He grips my hand and entangles his fingers with mine; if the hand around my neck wasn't already spreading chills trough my whole body, this certainly did the job.

"Jamie, I..." I mutter.

His face is once again mere inches from my own, his nose right next to mine. If the car drives over a bump his lips will crash with mine, that is, how close he is.

"Please, I love you," he mumbles. He presses his forehead lightly against mine,"please, Skye." His presence is making me dizzy, I can't focus. I can barely think. My breath hitch. The world disappears. We're sitting in golden rays from the setting sun behind Jamie, making his hair appear like a golden halo, he seems more godlike than he should. Especially, since he smells so extraordinarily human.

I open my mouth to say something, but close it again. As I do he moves his face by an inch and kisses me gently two times with soft butterfly kisses.

"Jamie, I need time. I don't trust you anymore," I mutter.

"I know. I understand. All I am asking for is another chance." he places another butterfly kiss on my lips. Unknowingly making my head spin out of control.

"Jamie, I don't know" I mumble against his lips.

"I'll prove to you how much I love you. You don't need to know just yet. Just please let me try to prove to you that I am your Jamie, not James." he kisses my softly again. He keeps doing it as if he might not get the chance again. He is so desperate, sweet and vulnerable that my heart breaks for breaks for him, despite all the bad stuff he has done.

"Okay." I mutter.

"What?"

"Okay."

"Okay what? I get another chance?" he asks disbelief in his voice.

"Yeah, that's what I am saying, isn't it?" I say as a huge smile stretch across his face.

"Really?" he asks grinning.

"Yeah," I mutter and then I place a soft kiss on his lips for the first time in weeks. And everybody in the car suddenly starts cheering.

"You know I always shipped you guys!" Sheehan cheers, "Skymie for the win!" I swap him on the head. Then I tune them out and turn towards Jamie again.

"But it is one chance only! And we're gonna take it slow!" I say and he simply raises his eyebrow at me, like I have done so many a time, and we kiss again.

"Who is up for drinking all night?!" Patrick cheers as he raises a bottle of rum I didn't know he had. I snatch it from him and tip it, taking a big gulp of liquor.

"I am," I say as I hand Jamie the bottle and he tip it upward, gulping down the golden liquor. The he places his mouth on mine again, he tastes like booze but I don't care.

"Ready to get rowdy, Reap?" Jamie asks a happy grin plastered on his face. I am petrified no longer.

A/N: the next chapter will probably be locked, follow me if you want to read it. Just a heads up.