Chapter 3

"I'm coming." Karim said into his phone to his father.

They were outside their room door and had called him to open up.

Ivan stood up from the couch in a flash.

"SAMIA!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Shut up, Ivan. And get a shirt." Karim rolled his eyes and made sure Ivan had entered his room before opening the door.

"Mama. Dad." Karim acknowledged them before snatching Samia from his dad's hand.

She was almost 2 years old now and yet it felt like it was yesterday she was born.

"Daddy!" Samia screamed happily as she was engulfed in her father's embrace.

"I've missed you so much my little angel." Karim pouted sadly.

"I miss too." She pouted in return and wiped the imaginary tears from her father's face.

"Have you been a good girl for grandma and granddad?"

She nodded firmly with a grin.

"Good!? She's been screaming her head off a lot these days and throwing so many tantrums." Naima narrowed her eyes at the little girl.

"Is that so?" Karim gave her his best disappointed face.

She batted her eyelids and gave him a cute face.

"But I love you, daddy." She muttered innocently.

Karim grinned and laughed.

"And she keeps on using that as an excuse."

"But she loves you, grandma." Tawfiq teased her.

"She's got everyone using this on me." Naima tried to frown but a smile broke through.

"She's a smart and sly little girl like her dad." Karim grinned wildly.

"Are you going to let us in or we're going to continue standing outside?" Tawfiq arched a brow.

"Sorry." Karim chuckled. "Come in, amazing parents of mine." Karim bowed teasingly and stepped aside as they walked inside.

"Van! Van!" Samia screamed into Karim's ears as she noticed Ivan come out of his room now fully clothed.

"Sam! Sam!" Ivan grinned.

"Can you stop shouting already?" Karim groaned.

He was about to turn and close the door when Noor appeared right in front of him. Her eyes wide and her mouth gaping.

"You must be Samia! Oh my God! They said you were cute but this is cuteness overload! I just want to kidnap you and embrace you forever! God!!! You're cuteee." Noor exclaimed loudly and pulled Samia out of Karim's hand.

Samia looked at her weirdly and tried reaching for her father again to get away from the weird woman trying to embrace her to death.

"No! Don't leave me!" Noor cried out.

"Who's trying to kidnap my granddaughter?" Tawfiq chuckled lightly as he looked past Karim to see who was at the door.

Noor froze when she moved her attention to the person who had just spoken.

Oh no.

Noor quickly straightened up and shut her gaping mouth.

She curtsied quickly and gave them an apologetic look.