Chapter 33

Karim hadn't stepped out of his room since the day in the kitchen. He had only carried Zaira back to her room at dawn the next morning.

Zaira hadn't said a word whiles she was with him. She would look at nothing then stare at Karim for a second before looking out into space. It was like her brain was lost in space.
Karim had also said nothing the whole time. He had just tended to her wound and entered into his library leaving her alone throughout the day.

He slept in the couch as she slept alone on the bed. Slept was a huge word.
He stared at her still body on his bed half of the night before sleep consumed him.

He woke up to find Zaira struggling to stand on one leg right in front of him.

"My room." was all she said and Karim instantly stood up, carrying her to her room.

He rushed back to his room making sure to lock his door.

Today was the third day and he hadn't stepped out. He only texted the twins to bring him food so he didn't starve. He didn't mind staying forever in his room. He was only hurt when Samia and Maher would come banging on his door only to stay there for as long as they could till someone sent them away from there.

It hurt that he couldn't let them in or go out to see them. But he just couldn't risk seeing anyone especially Noor. Especially Noor.
What was he thinking?
Noor had every right to be angry at Zaira and him. She had always be understanding. Always. She had been understanding when Zaira came to live in his home. Even when she found out he had a son...not anymore anyways. She had been understanding when he lied. Every single time she was understanding of the situation.

But the one time she lost it, Karim blew up on her. Literally. He hated himself.
She had every right to be insecure to be unsure of the relationship between Karim and Zaira. Damn it. They had fucking kissed when she was sitting in a car waiting for them to be saved by the workers. They had almost kissed again in the kitchen. He was a shitty ass person. And he didn't deserve Noor. That was why he couldn't face her. He just couldn't.

**

"Dean! God, I haven't seen your face for so long!"

"T!" Dean laughed as he walked quickly to crash into his brother's embrace.

"Damn, I've missed you."

"Babe, we should move here." Dean said when he let Tawfiq go.

"You say that all the time." Bella said with an eye roll.

"Bella!" Naima smiled at her.

"Naima. I've missed you."

"Not more than these two have missed each other." Naima noted.

"I know! Dean, got us at the airport 6 hours before your plane got to us. 'Bella, we've got to hurry up.' 'Bella, the kids aren't ready.' God I wanted to pull my ears off. He's never on time for anything but when it's about his boyfriend, he goes all out." Bella eyed both Tawfiq and Dean.

"I think they're cheating on us with each other." Naima commented.

"Yesterday, all Tawfiq could talk about was Dean. 'Dean's coming. Dean likes this meal...he's allergic to this...he doesn't like this...babe, don't forget.' "

"T. They're jealous of us."

"Very." Tawfiq laughed.

"Where are the kids?"

"They're coming...here they are." Dean turned to see Nick entering with Arthur and Sienna.

"Sienna. Princess." Tawfiq opened his arms up to catch the running girl.