Chapter 28

"How do you know I'm not the love of his life already?"

Zaira cackled.

"Just a hunch. I know Karim. And I know when he loves someone and when he doesn't. At the moment, you're like his female best friend."

"I see." Noor nodded.

"But luckily, I'm here. Karim is soft. A bit dominant but soft hearted in general. You could get him to love you if you make the right moves."

"Can I ask why you want to help me?" Noor said.

Why do you want to help her, Zaira?

"It's not because I like you per say. But I want Karim to be happy. And I see him being happy with you."

"With me?"

"Yes. You're exactly what he needs in his life. Stability, calm, understanding, patience, friendship, most importantly the grace of a Queen. All those positive things. You're all the good things he requires."

"Did you get that from him?" Noor quirked a brow.

"Huh?"

"Did Karim tell you that he requires all those things in order to be happy?"

Zaira scrunched her face and laughed nervously.
Why was she attacking her?
She was trying to help her out.

"I mean it's obvious. In order for him to be truly happy he needs positive things in his life. Like you."

"Is it positive things or just things opposite to you? Is it because you lacked these positive things that's why your marriage didn't work out? That's why you think he needs me in his life to be happy?"

God.
What was she?
A detective?
She should be singing songs of gratitude for Zaira even bothering to help her out in her loveless relationship with Karim.

Zaira smiled thinly.

"I'll give you time to process everything. If you think everything through you'll understand I'm only trying to help both of you out."

"I'm going to take my bath. You can wait for Karim here if you want. Think over my offer. We both want the best for Karim. And the best for Karim is you."

Noor looked at her without any emotion on her face.
Zaira stood up from the couch and walked into the bathroom.

She'd have to move out of the room today.

But she didn't want to...
But she had to...
But...

Noor blinked in confusion when she was left alone.
Why would Karim's ex-wife be willing to help her?
If Karim wanted to fall in love with her, he'd fall in love.
Why was there a need to push it?

When Zaira returned, she'd tell her she didn't want her help to make Karim love her. She didn't mind marrying Karim even if he wasn't exactly in love with her. They had a good relationship already. Love would just be a plus but they could survive on her love alone.
And he could end up loving her after marriage.
Thus she didn't need Zaira's help with anything.

Noor heard the shower pouring.
Why was she taking her bath in Karim's room though?
Sleeping in his room and wearing his clothes wasn't enough?

Wait.
Was she jealous?
Was that normal?
It felt weird...

Noor looked around the room and noticed a picture of Samia and another picture of his family by his bedside table.
She smiled and walked to it, picking up the picture of his family.
Karim was smiling wide in it like he had everything he could ever want then.
That was a happy Karim. You could see it in his features if he was truly happy.