Chapter 14

"You sure took your time?"
Karim smiled as he gazed upon her sitting calmly on the VIP lounge room couch.

"I'm sorry. I was busy when you called."

"No wonder you were so twitchy."

"Is your father okay with this, Noor?" Karim asked the question that had been bugging him during his drive to the airport.

"He wasn't." She shrugged casually. Karim furrowed his brows. "But I got him to understand."

"How?" Karim squinted.

"I'm Noor. I have my ways. Let's go now. I'm super tired." She groaned.

"What about your security? Where are they?" Karim looked around.
Apart from a few other VIP travelers, there wasn't anyone else around.

"Told them to take the next flight back home, where they're needed. There's already lots of security here. And you're here as well. You wouldn't let anything happen to me." She grinned.

Karim chuckled.
"I guess you're right."

She stood up.

"God, I can't wait to sneak out in the middle of the night to the beach alone." She shook in happiness.

Karim laughed.

"You forget the crabs." He arched his brow.

Her happiness dissipated in a second.

"Ah. The crabs. Way to spoil my fun." She mumbled and shoved past Karim.

"Hey! I was just reminding you." Karim called out but she ignored him and kept walking away.

Karim shook his head and followed her diligently.

〰️

"Here you go." Karim pointed to the door leading to the guest room.

"Thank you." She smiled politely.

"Settle in. Call if you need any help." Karim informed.

"Where are you going?"

"I was in a meeting when you called." Karim revealed.

"Sounds fun than staying here alone. Can I come?" She beamed.

Karim was taken aback. He regained his composure.

"I mean, you could, but it's private military intel we're working on. And you might live here now but you're still Kuwaiti." Karim raised the corner of his lips.

"And what would it take to become Emirati?" She questioned.

"You could marry an Emirati." Karim answered.

"And which Emirati do you think I have the slightest chance of marrying?" She arched a brow.

"Me of course." Karim smiled.

Noor shook her head and smiled.

"I'll be going, Karim." She changed the topic.

"Sure. Rest. You can meet everyone later in the afternoon." Karim said.

"Okay. Now go away." Noor gestured for him to move along.

"Sure, your highness."
He chuckled and turned away to go back to the villa.

That was close.
He had literally flirted his way out of Noor's curiosity.

〰️

"I still haven't gotten anything from our Database. It might take a while to actually get anything on her." Dean revealed.