Chapter 20

"She said that? She's obviously lying." Tawfiq spoke over the phone.

"I know."

Karim heard his father sigh. "But I did warn you that the money wouldn't work on her."

"I'm taking her to court." Karim revealed.

There was a short pause. "Are you sure about that? Court is...messy and Maher will be in the middle of that mess. Why don't you just try to solve-

"She's not willing to solve it. I even told her she could see and visit Maher anytime she wanted. Which clearly means I'd see more of her, but she wouldn't budge."

"How will you let her come to court? She won't follow you that willingly."

"Willingly or unwillingly, I'll bring her back home with Maher."

"No big problems, Karim." Tawfiq reminded.

"No big problems. I'm not sure she socializes enough for anyone to miss her if she just disappears."

"Still, be careful. I don't want any calls saying my heir is kidnapping women."

"Don't worry. I'll call you later, dad. Salam."

"Salam."

Karim ended the call first.
He turned his neck to see Ali standing behind him.

"Did she leave yesterday night?"

"The guards you hired said she didn't even step outside after we left."

"That's good. We're heading back today. I'll need the family plane."

Ali arched a brow with confusion etched onto his features. Karim had come with a commercial plane so Ali hadn't thought he'd leave with their family's plane. And another confusion was why they were leaving. They hadn't gotten Maher yet. Unless...

"What about your son, your highness?" Ali voiced his thoughts.

"He'll come with us."

"And his mother?"

"She as well."

"Would she be willing to come with us?"

"She either comes fully aware or she comes unconscious. Either way, she'll be in the Emirates by tomorrow with us." Karim answered.

"I'll be going to her place alone right now. I'll ask her politely to come back with me. If she fights me, tranq her later in the day and we'll take her back tonight." Karim shrugged.

"Isn't that kidnapping?" Ali frowned slightly.

Karim chuckled dryly.
"Oh no. It's just a husband trying to take his sleeping wife for a vacation."

"Aren't you divorced?"

Karim sighed. He could trust Ali, he knew that. "I haven't signed yet, so technically we are still married."

Ali's face went from shock to neutral in two seconds. He was speaking with his crown prince. Not a friend that he could exclaim his shock.

"But you're engaged to Princess Noor."

"I know. And as soon as I get Maher, I'll sign the papers."

"Um...okay." Ali nodded.

Why didn't it sound convincing to him?

"I'll be leaving." Karim tapped Ali's shoulder.

"I think I should come-

Karim shook his head. "No. I'm going alone, Ali. Stay here and just get the guards to get a tranquilizer ready."