Chapter 14- I'll burn for you

Hiya guys, I want to say again how thankful I am for the number of views this story has gotten. So to say thanks I have spent nearly 3 weeks writing up this wham chapter for you all ^~^ enjoy and don't be afraid to tell me in the comments below anything I can change to make it a better reading experience.

Also, let me say before you do read
-

*SPOILER WARNING*

(Disclaimer: I DO NOT own One Piece and its characters.
Maridale and the residents on the island ARE my own)

~🌸~

"GEAR FOURTH!" Blowing air into his arm, Luffy transforms himself into his 'BOUNCE MAN' form in preparation for the fight that was about to commence. Luffy makes extensive usage of his Busoshoku Haki by coating his arms, legs and much of his torso in it to the point that they turn black from hardening. The Haki coating across his body resembled the wispy ends made from flames, giving it the appearance of tattoos, and he gains shading around the inner and outer edges of his eyes. His black locks whirled in a wavy like fashion with the addition of a scarf of smoke.

Maridale from afar chuckled to herself at how silly he looked. Seeing him transform, she turned back around the tree out of sight "this is gonna be an easy win, given that I'll have more than enough money to sail across the seas to find the one who killed my family." Maridale bitterly declared. The further the fight carried on, Maridale was slowly beginning to lose her mind. Was it fear or her ego, not even Maridale knew that for herself for her hands began to shake. At first, she thought it might just be the adrenaline from how long it had been since she's been in a battle with a human, But that wasn't the case.

The ringing sound that came after Luffy's transformation somewhat bewildered her to a degree where she was eager to see where it was coming from. peeking her head around the tree she'd seen the culprit making the sounds.

The elasticity was so intense, that Luffy's body couldn't stop bouncing where he stood. The ringing of Luffy's jumps was all Maridale could hear. Even the crew could hear them from far off in the distance. Luffy searched through the trees and bushes to locate his enemy. Then Sanji's face flashes in Luffy's mind, uncontrollably forcing him to clench his fists tightly in angst.

"I'm not playing your games anymore!" Luffy yells into the terrace "I'll end this right here! Right now!" He growled. It was then that he spots movement in the corner of his eye.

A black form leapt from bush to bush around where Luffy bounced. A rapid and swift slice like a guillotine to the left snatches Luffy by the leg. In retaliation, he ricochets the attack back onto her with the same leg but within moments she's back on the prowl. The slicing sound of the air itself was all Luffy could use to distinguish where she was moving to and from.

'From behind!' Luffy exclaims to himself, jumping up into the air he sees Maridale come zooming past from underneath him as he expected her to.

"Gomu Gomu no~" Luffy clicks his fists back "KING KONG G-" Cut midway in his attack, Maridale somehow appeared above Luffy without warning. Before he could react she roundhouse kicks Luffy towards the ground with a slam but using this to his advantage Luffy uses his legs to propel himself back into the air using the floor, his arm hoisted prepared to attack "KING KONG GUN!" Shooting his fist at Maridale, she dodges it flawlessly but Luffy had followed this up with another punch which caught her in the ribs. she leans back with the force to suppress some of the damage but she had already sensed that one of her ribs was fractured.

Landing back onto the ground and moving further away, Maridale clutches her chest moaning slightly as she landed. Biting her lip Maridale pushes herself back up and looks forward to where Luffy would expectedly show up from, hearing the sounds of movement from ahead.