Chapter 3- Saving the life of him

Hey guys, I've come back, and I'm amazed that 12 people have looked at my story, hopefully, some reviews can come in and votes too. I'll need to write better to capture your attention. So, here it is.

(---🌸---)
This story is based on the anime (One piece) it's not mine therefore I do not own it 👍🏼
WARNING!!: spoilers may be shown in this story as there's information about some characters that some people may not know about, if you haven't watched ONE PIECE from SO16 onwards I'm suggesting you not read this story unless you want to spoil the plotline of ONE PIECE.

Don't say I didn't warn you 😁

--------

The night was dark, The waves crept steadily towards the ship while its unholy grip cradled the sunny. The night sky was threaded with stars, and the sea looked dozy as it rested in the midnight glow.

The straw hat crew were all sleeping after a night of drinking, apart from one guy. He lit up his cigarette and took a drag. Blowing it out looked like clouds were slowly drifting away from his face.

Sitting on the highest point of the ship, Sanji stared up. The sky entranced him in a way where he forgot about his surroundings. Until a thought popped into his mind, which shook him from his trance.

"I guess while they are out of it, I could let them know when we get to the island. I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

It was Sanji who was on guard watch. He looks down and takes another drag of his cigarette, taking in its nicotine. While leaning back on the cold wood, soft footsteps were heard, making Sanji lift his head to peer over the side. The fog was thin enough for Sanji to spot a person as they were slowly coming closer to the main deck. Sanji looked closer to see who it was.

"Oh...it's Usopp" Sanji said to himself as Usopp looked up with a cheery but tired smile, then walked towards the ladders and climbed up.

"Hey, Sanji" he says as he makes his way to the top. "I heard you were on watch while the guys are asleep? How come you didn't join us earlier?" Usopp asked. Sanji smirked at the comment as Zoro's face slid its way into Sanji's thoughts. He coughed at first and placed the cigarette into his mouth.

"Yeah, well... it's calm tonight, considering the fog hasn't lifted all the way yet. I'm surprised I can even see the stars cause this fog was thick. So... It's why I thought coming up here would help me see the stars better, at least. It's...soothing" Sanji says while staring off into the sky, his eyes gleaming.

The crew was barely able to find an island they could anchor and search for some food for their ship. As supplies began to run out, they hoped that the weather had changed so that Nami could navigate to one, but alas, plans had changed into a night of fun and drinks.

"I suppose I could pass the time by talking to you about something," Usopp says as he leans back on the wooden wall. He looks to Sanji. Sanji looks back at Usopp, trading each other suspicious glances.

"And what would that be?" Sanji frowns. He takes a long drag on his cigarette.

"Is...is there something going on between you and Zoro?" Usopp asks. In an instant, Sanji coughs up the smoke and punches his chest to get the rest out.