Twenty-four

"Psst, Tae!" Jimin called in a whisper, and Taehyung turned around.

"We're the only ones here why're you whispering?" Taehyung whispered back.
"So it feels more like gossip. Anyways, listen!" Jimin snapped, and Taehyung nodded. "I've been counting down the time we've spent awake as days spent back on our planet... and if I've done my calculations right... then today is my birthday!"

"One day in space is like 3 days back in our planet Jimin. Your birthday was, like, 8 days ago." Taehyung said, and Jimin hit him on the head, so Taehyung groaned.

"I mean- happy birthday! Oh my god! How old are you?" Taehyung asked, and Jimin smiled. "21!"

"What?" Taehyung asked, confused. "I thought you were younger than me!"

"I'm not!"

"But you're shorter."

"Since when has height got any correlation with age!"

"If someone's fucking 3'9 they're gonna be, like, 5!"

"That's offensive to dwarves!"

"Shit, you're right. Anyways, happy birthday! Let's go tell the other boys so we can get you cake." Taehyung said, and Jimin nodded with a smile. They both got up, and then Taehyung grabbed Jimin and hugged him really tight.

Jimin let out a squeal of laughter, trying to push him off. "Do you think we should give you birthday spankings, Jimin?" Taehyung said in batman's voice into his ear, and Jimin started laughing harder, wriggling in his hold.

"Ew, let go of me you weirdo!" Jimin giggled, pushing Taehyung off.

"Nope, now you're definitely getting spankings-" Taehyung started, as a joke, grabbing Jimin close. Jimin giggled in retaliation, and then they heard a cough.
They both turned their heads and saw Jungkook standing there, eyes wide, red hair messy from just waking up.

"W-what're you guys doing?" Jungkook let out, sounding a bit timid.

Taehyung pulled away from Jimin, who was laughing still, walking towards Jungkook. "Nothing! Taehyung was just teasing me 'cause it's my-"

"Whatever." Jungkook mumbled, looking at Taehyung in disbelief before turning around and walking away.

Jimin looked at Taehyung, frowning. Taehyung shrugged upon seeing the look on Jimin's face, and Jimin sighed.

"You have to talk to him."
"No."

"Tae! C'mon, he's clearly hurt by what you said to him-"

"Rip."
"You can't say that!!" Jimin gasped, and Taehyung groaned, covering his face with his hands.

"I know, I know! I tend to distance myself from people when I have to face them with problems!" Taehyung let out, and then Jimin grabbed his arm and dragged him out.

"Yeah well y'know what? It's my birthday, which means you have to do whatever I say-"

"Since when?" Taehyung snapped, and Jimin let his arm go, looking at him.

"Since, like, ever? It's an unwritten rule of birthdays, what do you mean 'since when'?" Jimin snapped, and Taehyung frowned.

"I never got what I wanted on my birthday! Actually that's probably 'cause my birthday is on new year's eve. Every year I thought we had parties because of me, nope! They were for new year's. That ruined my childhood a lot because my father didn't care-"

"Did you have the truth serum soda?" Jimin asked, and Taehyung nodded.

Jimin walked up to Taehyung and then punched him in the face.