Chapter 9: Hello, My Name Is Wannabe Hooker

Heyooo! Here is chapter 9! Woot woot! :))

Happy reading!

Kat :)

Chapter 9: Hello, My Name Is Wannabe Hooker

I walked into calculus the next day to find Lauren sitting on top of my desk. I have been eager about finding out what had happened between her and Cason.

"Hey Lauren," I said plopping down on my seat. I moved her knees from my face and immediately saw that the night didn't go as planned.

"He did it again." She said dully.

"What?"

"He told me that he couldn't deal with a girlfriend right now, especially since it's his senior year."

My jaw dropped. "I swear that boy. I am going to rip his balls off since he isn't using the." I shook my head in disbelief. "What did you do?"

She blushed slightly. "I kissed him."

"You kissed him?" I repeated loudly. Several kids turned their heads to look at us, but I ignored them easily. "But why?"

"I've been wanting to kiss him for some time now and I figured that-" She shrugged. "-you know, it might change his mind."

"And did it?"

"I don't know." She said as she got off my desk and slide back down her desk. "I mean, he kissed me back but after a while he pushed me back."

"Wow. Lunch is going to be awkward." I mumbled. Lauren and Cason on edge along with Jace and I.

"Yeah, the double date thing didn't seem to go so great." She laughed.

"Yeah, we should never try that again." I laughed as I reached around to rub the back of my neck. I paused when I felt the chain of my new necklace. A smile crept across my face as I remembered how I got it.

"Oh?" Lauren said excitedly. "Maybe it wasn't a total bust. Did Jace give you that?" She nodded toward my key.

I flushed. "Uh, no actually."

She cocked her head and her wild curls spilt over her rosy cheeks. "No? So where did you get it? I've never seen you wear it before."

"I actually found it."

"You found it?" She repeated.

"Outside my door after the date."

"And it wasn't from Jace?" She clarified. I shook my head. "Then who?"

"Blaine." I whispered.

Lauren's emerald eyes grew large and her wide mouth dropped to the floor. "Anna's Blaine?"

I nodded. "I'm just as shocked as you are."

"I'm not." She said simply.

"You're not?"

"Nope, I knew he liked you when I saw you two together at my work." She beamed.

Before I could form any type of an argument, Mr. Hutchinson started the class and began writing today's notes on the bored.

I was relieved that he dis because I didn't know how to respond to what Lauren said. My first response would be to call her an idiot for even thinking that. She was talking about Blaine, a guy who already has a girlfriend. The guy who, despite his girlfriends presence, offered to take me to the nurse and stayed there while I slept. Who sped all the way to my work so I wouldn't get fired. The guy who even checked up on me to make sure I was alive after I had to walk home.