Chapter 32: Hello, My Name Is Your Friend

Hey! Here's the next chapter! that means only two more chapters left!! AHH yesss!

Enjoy (and vote and comment!)

Happy reading!

Kat

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 32: Hello, My Name Is Your Friend

Six months.

That's all it was until Blaine will be forever in the clutches of Anna Winston.

That's all I had until it was all over. The icing on Anna's victory cake will be on and it'll be all over for any chance of Blaine and I being together.

Katie and Lauren were all for me going to Blaine and telling him how I feel.

"I say you just go over to Dalton and march up to him and express your undying love." Lauren had told me that night as we laid in my living room after we decided to have a sleepover after the long night of bowling.

"It's not that easy," I said.

"Why not?" Katie asked. "Just wait until after the break, then you won't be suspended."

"No, that's not it. I don't give a shit if I'm suspended, it's just an emotional thing for him...and me I guess." I explained.

They both cocked their heads and looked at me in utter confusion. "What do you mean?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, why do I feel like we didn't get the whole story?" Lauren added.

"Well, because, I forgot to mention one small fact," I told them.

"And what was that?"

"The reason why Blaine feels the need to marry Anna."

"Go on."

"Um, well," I started. "Long story short, Blaine feels like he is the reason why his mother died in a rollover accident because she stayed up late too watch him in his all night baseball tournament. So, now he feels like he has to make it up to Dean Jacobs by getting money for the school. That's why he's marrying Anna."

"Oh, wow." Lauren said softly. "Poor guy."

Katie was staring at me intently, almost like she recognized the situation. And I know she did. I know that she knows that it's almost the exact same situation that I felt towards my dad, except my mom wasn't blaming mr for his death like Dean Jacobs was.

"Whatever the situation," Katie started, looking directly into my eyes. "It's not his fault. I know he may think that in some crazy way he caused it, he didn't. Everything happens by chance and you just have to move on and learn from what had happened. And some things you just can't prevent, no matter how guilty or responsible you feel. You can't blame yourself for something you have no control over."

I knew that was directed at me. Not only because she switched from "he" to "you"; but because of the way she was looking at me as if I needed to understand this. And I think I did. All while Lauren and Katie were sleeping, I was thinking about what she told me.

Everything happens by chance and I just have to move on and become and better person? Is that really what I have to do? Learn from my mistake, be more civil towards everyone. I realize that if I hadn't gotten into so much trouble, my dad wouldn't have been called in, and what do I do from there? Build off of it? What the hell is Katie telling me to do? What does she want me to do?

The only thing that kept popping into my head was Mr. Phelps. If I wasn't to blame for my fathers death than neither is he. All he did was his job. He had to contact my parents and schedule a meeting with them. He had to. This wasn't his fault an I realize that now. But is it too late to fix anything with him? Especially between him and my mother?