Chapter 20: Hello, My Name Is Schizophrenic

Here is Chapter 20 for you all! Enjoy!

Happy reading!

Kat :)

Chapter 20: Hello, My Name Is Schizophrenic

I don't know how long I was up in my room until Katie came up and called me down for dinner. Surprisingly enough, that was the only disturbance I had all afternoon. I was grateful for the peace and quiet so I had time to sort everything out in my head.

All while I was laying in my bed, all these thoughts kept popping into my head. But the one that kept coming back to me was, why him? Of all the guys my mom could be with it had to be the one man that I hated more than Anna and the dean put together. The man who I still partly blamed for my fathers death. And he still has the balls to come into our house and take his place?

Was that his plan all along? Get my father killed so he could swoop my mother off her feet and whisk her off to some dreamland where all their wishes come true?

As much as I wanted to accuse Mr. Phelps of plotting my dads death so he could win my mom over, I knew that the odds of him killing off my dad were very slim. How can you plan a car accident like that? It just wasn't possible. But, I still wanted to put him in the hot seat and make him look the jerk in all of this; which I was convinced he was.

It has at least been twenty minutes since I gladly refused Katie's request, telling me to go downstairs for a family dinner. For one, we haven't had a family dinner since dad passed away. And second, I wasn't having dinner if Mr. Phelps was there. Not happening.

Actually, I planned on staying in my room until I was positive my mom and Katie were asleep. There was no way that I was going to stay here if I knew that creep was stopping by every day. I knew that if i left while Katie and my mom were still up, they'd bug me and I didn't want either of them trying to talk me into staying; hence why I'm leaving in the dead of night.

It wasn't the visit I was hoping for, but at least I got a nice hug from my mom and a good chat with my sister before my whole break was ruin by the sound of Mr. Phelps stupid voice.

And with that thought I flipped over in my bed and screamed into my pillow for the hundredth time today.

I wanted Blaine here so he could wrap his arms around me and help me take my mind off of Mr. Phelps. I wanted Mr. Phelps to leave so I could have a nice break with my actual family rather than with some man who is trying to steal mine. But most of all, I wanted my dad to tell me that it was alright and then make me feel better by making me his famous ice cream sundae and then burning off the ice cream calories by playing catch outside.

A hard knock on the door cut my train of thought. I decided not to answer to make it seem like I was sleeping. After a few seconds, a second knock came, just as loud as the first.

"Cora." It was my mom and by the sounds of her voice, she came here to talk, if not rant about my disrespectful behavior. "Cora, open up."

"I'm sleeping," I called back, as I turned back over in my head.

"Cora, just open up."

"I told you I'm sleeping."

"We need to talk."

"No we don't."

"Yes we do, now open this door."

I could tell by the sound of her voice that she was getting impatient. My mom was never the kind to yell; she'd just upset and gave you the silent treatment until you caved and gave her whatever she wanted. I'm surprised that she wasn't doing that now.