Chapter 18: Hello, My Name Is Fifth Wheel

Okay, so here I chapter 18! It's really just a filler chapter so sorry if it sucks :(

Happy reading!

Kay :)

Chapter 18: Hello, My Name Is Fifth Wheel

Blaine set my tray on the lunch table and set his next to mine. I had to admit, at first when Blaine and I first got together, I felt completely useless. Like why did I even have arms if Blaine insisted on carrying my backpack and lunch trays for me? At first when he did that, I got mad at him. I gave him a long speech on how I am perfectly capable of doing things myself.

"What? Are you going to wipe my ass, as well?" I remember asking him that day when I first got treated like I was handicapped.

I still remember Blaine's confused face when I said that to him. He just stood there holding open the door with his mouth agape. I had to explain to him that women can open doors for themselves and that we don't need a man to do it for us.

To my entire rant, which lasted a good ten minutes, Blaine gave me a simple answer that seemed to wash all the trouble away with four words.

It's what boyfriends do.

The word boyfriend rang out in my ear. Never have I been able to call someone my boyfriend. Everything that I have had has only been mere hook ups that were completely pointless. None of the guys I hooked up with never opened doors for me or carried my books. I always assumed that they never did because they knew that I was capable of doing it myself.

But when Blaine did it, it caught me off guard. Never did it cross my mind that boyfriends did this kind of shit. I mean, was it just me or did everyone else think chivalry was dead?

After I let those four words sink in, and with the help of Lauren explaining that good boyfriends do in fact open doors for their girlfriends, I became alright with the idea of Blaine doing all that stuff for me. I mean, I still felt completely useless, but it gave Blaine the satisfactory of him knowing that he is being a good boyfriend.

And he is. I would know for a fact that if I had other boyfriends, they wouldn't compare to Blaine. Even though we have only been together for two months, I knew no one could compare. Even those lustful feelings I had toward Abel those years ago seemed dull to the bight and powerful flame that was Blaine.

Now, I sat down next to Blaine, and began eating the piece of pizza like I had not eaten in three weeks, which wasn't true, I just didn't eat breakfast this morning and I planned on making up for that now.

"Gee, Cora, don't choke there," Lauren said trying not to laugh.

In mid-bite I looked up at the rest of the table. Jace, Cason, Blaine, and Lauren were all staring at me with their mouths agape. I dropped the pizza from my hands and tried to look like I didn't just stuff my face.

I was relieved when Cason turned to Blaine and said, "Man, don't you feed her?"

Blaine laughed lightly like he wasn't sure if Cason was being rude or messing around. To tell you the truth, I couldn't tell either.

Since Blaine and I got together, Blaine has been eating lunch with my friends and I, which at first I was very nervous about. I always knew that Cason and Blaine were never great friends as I thought back to my first day at Dalton when Cason and Blaine had an argument in front of me. But what really surprised me was how Jace was treating Blaine.

It's not like I expected Jace to be extremely happy with the fact that Blaine and I are together, but I was hoping that Jace would try to be happy for me. Instead, he just gives Blaine and I the cold shoulder. Over the span of my relationship with Blaine, I've probably only talked to Jace several times. I feel like I hardly know the guy. The last time we actually had a decent conversation was at the baseball game before the party. The few times we talked in gym class we only brief moments. I've tried talking to him about it, but no such luck. I mean, he wouldn't even tell me why he doesn't party. No matter how much I ask, he remains silent.