Jamie Prison

Context - I've decided to make Jamie a little younger..going for 22 x

Since leaving the park, things had gone well. We had walked back to our apartment and, upon Jamie's request, I had changed in to trackies and a comfy shirt, then trapsed across the hall to his flat. We had settled down on his couch, sitting side by side but eventually evolving to the classic couple cuddle, watching 10 Things I Hate About You with Jamie's arm slung over me.

There was only one problem.

Jamie had fallen alseep.

And as he dozed off, said arm resting around my shoulders had become quite heavy to the point were I couldn't really move it.

I was in Jamie prison.

You would think that I would be fine with staying right where I was, and for a while everything was fine, but now I was on the verge of suffocation from the deadweight of Jamie's arm on me. Something had to change. From my horizontal view, I could see there was an armchair I could move onto, and, not far from where I was, a pillow had been tossed on the ground. The pillow would be perfect to replace me, and the armchair would be perfect for me to move to.

Now the only thing was to try and move without waking him up. Ever so slowly, I stuck my leg out, reaching for the pillow strewn on the floor. Wiggling my toes, I managed to drag the pillow towards me with my foot. I eased an arm out and grabbed the corner of the pillow. I decided that it was best to do things quickly. Using my leg to cushion me I rolled myself onto the carpet, and slid the pillow under his arm. Perfect. The only response from Jamie was a sigh. Maybe I should be a ninja. I was now crouched right in front of Jamie's face. They say that sleeping people always look younger, and I think this is true, in Jamie's case at least. His face was slack, delicate eyelashes resting against his cheeks, golden hair mussed up over his forehead. He could have passed for a 17 or 18 year old boy, not a 22 year old man. His body was too long for the couch, his gangly legs were resting over the side of the armrest. He looked so peaceful and innocent - his constant smirk and animated face gone.

I got up, and padded across the carpet and settled down into the armchair, returning my focus to the movie.

The movie was almost finished when Jamie began to stir. Looking over, he shifted and rubbed his eyes with his hand. Slowly, he opened his eyes, and saw me whatching him.

His eyes widened. "Shit. Sorry Heidi."

"It's alright Jimmy Jam."

"Jimmy Jam!?" He was still groggy from his nap. "Where did that come from?"

"Nowhere. I won't say it again if you don't like it."

"Well, does it mean I can call you pet names too?"

"I suppose so."

"Great." He smiled. "I'm good at pet names."

Something told me this wasn't such a great thing.

"Why did you fall asleep?" I asked as Jamie had pulled himself into sitting position, and I joined him on the couch again.

"I didn't sleep that well last night." He rubbed his eyes again.

"Oh. Why not?"

He smiled sheepishly. "I was thinking about you."

I could feel the blush coming to my cheeks. "Even after I pushed you away?"

"Well, I was a little confused as to why you did that. But I focused more on the awesome day I had."

"Well aren't you just a little proton."